Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ask to speak with whoever told you your camera would be replaced. Do you have it in Writing?

09-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Re:

@ JeffJS...

Thanks. I have been speaking with the same supervisor; he is the one who told me last week that my camera would be replaced. He informed me, after several days, that he finally received approval for a replacement. When I spoke with him on 9-8-11, he told me that Pentax was looking for a replacement camera, and he wrote that he has been, "... in constant contact with the repair site and warehouse working on an expedited resolve on returning your repaired lens and a possible replacement camera.." I think that I would write to him again and ask him why there would be a "possible" replacement if approval has been granted, as he informed me. I am also considering attempting to go up the chain of command.

This is a really horrible customer service issue, in my eyes, which is shameful, as I LOVE my K-x. Now, I am comtemplating on selling my K-x, when it does return, and seek an upgrade with another company.

09-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sounds like you are doing all you can.... but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Going up the chain of command does work. Hopefully your correspondance with Pentax includes email, with which you would have a written record. They should get you a new camera.

I was lucky ( as could be). My repair evidently didn't need any parts. The supply chain from Japan seems to be quite disrupted. I'm sure other manufacturers are in much the same boat. Get a back-up camera. My K200D saved my vacation, and has not had so much as a hiccup. It still takes georgeous photos.

Moraine Lake, Banff
K200D

Peyto Lake, Banff
K200D

Pima Point, Grand Canyon
K200D
09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by indiblu Quote
@ JeffJS...

Thanks. I have been speaking with the same supervisor; he is the one who told me last week that my camera would be replaced. He informed me, after several days, that he finally received approval for a replacement. When I spoke with him on 9-8-11, he told me that Pentax was looking for a replacement camera, and he wrote that he has been, "... in constant contact with the repair site and warehouse working on an expedited resolve on returning your repaired lens and a possible replacement camera.." I think that I would write to him again and ask him why there would be a "possible" replacement if approval has been granted, as he informed me. I am also considering attempting to go up the chain of command.

This is a really horrible customer service issue, in my eyes, which is shameful, as I LOVE my K-x. Now, I am comtemplating on selling my K-x, when it does return, and seek an upgrade with another company.

I don't know this to be the case, I'm not there and of course don't know either party but... it Sounds like you're being jerked around here in order to buy time.

09-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Hi, guys... I just wanted to say "thank you" for your input. After great frustration and persistent nagging, I believe that my K-x replacement and fixed lens will be shipped to me this week (or let's hope so, given this is what I have been informed)!! So, YAY, for now!!

@ ThorThum: I am in LOVE with the Peyto Lake photo... What a majestic atmosphere!!
09-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Agree that the Peyto Lake photo is great! Last shot I took of Peyto was in 1956, with a Kodak Holiday box camera. Time to go back!