Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2011, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hound Tooth Quote
hmm... must be just a coincidence then that Amazon yanked it from their inventory.
This has already been well covered in another thread, and the most likely reasons for this have nothing to do with the reliability of the K5, but more to do with pricing. It happens often on Amazon, with many different items and many different well known brands and products.

When Amazon gets some skilled technical experts, a testing laboratory, and starts doing reviews of cameras, then you can use them as a source of rebuttal.....until then they are just a giant online retailer, interested in making money, not testing cameras.

Regards!

09-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Joe also did a review of the Canon EOS 60D and he wasn't as excited as he was for the K-5. He stated that the 60D took a "Sidegrade from the 50D instead of a Upgrade".
09-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #18
Pentaxian

LOVE Alfas...

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Me too, its the Alpha Romeo of cameras.

Cheers,
Cameron
09-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Me Likey Alpha's, and Fiat's. These were shot with my K7, but my replacement K5 is in the mail, and on it's way back right now.

Last edited by Tony3d; 10-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Do they sell Alpha Romeo in the US these days?

Personally I don't like that comparison, we had a number of people leasing AR in the past.
They are beautifull, very fast, nerveous and fancy cars, but they are sitting in the workshop far too much to be called reliable.
Stopped people from driving Alpha Romeo and Lancia....

Bert
None sold currently in the US, but there are plans to reintroduce the brand again around 2012. Probably once Fiat takes more of a foothold within the states and they can expand upon that dealer network. It's good to see these brands coming back to the US again. You can thank Chrysler almost going belly up for that I guess
09-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Joe Farace's review was good to read. Did anyone else note a glaring factual error? Joe said that the Asahi Pentax was the first SLR with a pentaprism finder. Not so! That honor goes to the East German Contax S introduced in the late '40s, along with a 42mm thread lens mount.

It must be admitted that the Contax S, also marketed as the Hexanon, etc, while a handsome camera, wasn't too reliable and the viewfinder was small and dim, I am told.

While the Asahiflex II of 1954 was the first mass produced instant mirror return SLR, the Hungarian Gamma Duflex, introduced in 1946, was the first. I guess it was not a market success.

Instant-return mirror - Camerapedia

The list of Pentax firsts is long enough to give Canikons pause when they denigrate our brand.