Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon "Item under review"

A new message appeared on the Amazon page for the K5 body "Item Under Review". Does anyone know what this is about.

I just bought one a few days ago. The 200 or so pictures I have taken for testing seem to be ok. To fully test the camera it may require 1000 in a thought out organized manner.

I am wondering if I should return the camera and buy i new one later. My serial number is 401xxxx.

Thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-5-Digital-Black-Body/dp/B0043M6F14/ref=sr_1_1...5024823&sr=8-1

Thanks,
Lance

09-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey,

The K5 has been out for a year. I think they are reviewing their price since there has been a recent $100 price drop and now a $300 instand rebate.

Could something new be coming along soon?

The K5 is an awesome camera. go out an shoot photos and enjoy it.

Regards

Chris
09-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

In Amazon talk, this could mean anything......
*Experiencing improper packaging problems/shipping problems
*Experiencing delays in "just in time" inventory control and supply
*Experiencing complaints of non-competitive pricing (the most likely cause in this case)

There are many other reasons, and this is not an uncommon sight on Amazon...seen with many products over time.

The K5 is a proven product.....proven by hundreds of very happy users here, and a truckload of great reviews from many of the most trusted camera sites on the internet. Ever seen Amazon do a camera review? Maybe someone can post one?

Regards

Maybe it would be good to search the archives here for the only review that is Certified as 100% accurate......the Otis Review.
09-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe it would be good to search the archives here for the only review that is Certified as 100% accurate......the Otis Review.

What is the Otis Review and where is it?

09-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
seventhdr, Rupert,

Thanks for the reassurance.

-Lance
09-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
The website says:

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."
09-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
It has been under review before at Amazon.
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
What is the Otis Review and where is it?
Well, I wrote it...typed it actually...but Otis told me what to say. I often make mistakes, as has been noted on this Forum occasionally.....but Otis doesn't, so you can trust this review.
All except about the SD card being hard to get out.........Otis told me it pops out easy if you do it as it is designed to do...just pops right out! ......I didn't listen, and again, I was wrong and Otis was right!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/136839-rupert-k5-report.html

Otis seldom gets too excited, he is calm and level headed, but the K5 has made him more active........sort of.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

09-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I see Otis is your friend who double checks the veracity of our statements.

When I searched for the "Otis Review" on Google, I found Otis fine arts college here in Los Angeles. They offer photography classes. Does he teach there? Is he a professor or the dean?

Oh yes, I agree about that SD card. I have small hands. The K5 designers are sadistic.