Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Inactive Account

mirror flop in live view??

I *think* I experienced the mirror flop issue with my k5 today, but only in live view.. over and over again. I hardly ever use Live view, but was real close to the ground taking a pic of a mushroom today. anyways, my live view became black, mirror flopped and then came back on focused... snapped the pic, came out fine, again I tried, happened again. Turned off live view and it didnt flop.

sound like mirror flop??

Freshly charged battery. I have used live view before with the K5 with no issue.

If it is the mirror flop issue what do I do from here??

09-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I experienced the same since K20D

Don't worry.. everything sounds normal, that's how live view works.

edit :

- live view became black : is it happen at focusing or after you take the shot? if after you take the shot LV will became black for a while to save the image

- mirror flopped and then came back on focused : Is it happen rapidly (more than two flaps)? two flaps is normal for LV

Last edited by silverelantra; 09-04-2011 at 07:26 PM.
09-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It became black when focusing. I dont think that happened last time I used live view. I believe it was only two flaps, but yes, it flopped then came back on focused

maybe this is normal and I am just mistaken about the last time I used it. I very rarely use live view. actually the only other time I used it was to test it out and compare it to the Kx live view (huge difference)... but I *thought* it was different last time.. hmmm.
09-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for the reply! I wont worry quite so much now!

09-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CEWren Quote
anyways, my live view became black, mirror flopped and then came back on focused... snapped the pic, came out fine, again I tried, happened again. Turned off live view and it didnt flop.

sound like mirror flop??
No, sounds like you have set up the camera to use phase focusing in live view.
09-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ahhhh, thanks I will check into that!!