Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was shooting some pictures today and everything worked.
The darned LiveView worked perfectly, the exposures were bang on, the AF was snappy and accurate and to top it all off, none of the buttons fell off the thing.
And, just for good measure, the GPS thing placed me within inches of where I was standing, every single time.
I just can't understand why, for all the money I've put into Pentax, I have to put up with this sort of thing.
It is probably due to a good karma for all the gang banging and endless insulting you participate for Pentax haters. Very deserving, I say.

09-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Well, hardly you could call Wheatfield - a kid...
I had fun reading all the reactions. But I can understand those dropping a bucket of bucks and noticing a glitch on the new toy.
Thing is, this is not a toy.

Octav
09-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was shooting some pictures today and everything worked.
The darned LiveView worked perfectly, the exposures were bang on, the AF was snappy and accurate and to top it all off, none of the buttons fell off the thing.
And, just for good measure, the GPS thing placed me within inches of where I was standing, every single time.
I just can't understand why, for all the money I've put into Pentax, I have to put up with this sort of thing.

Hi
I do like humorous, tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic retorts (make/try them oftentimes myself); Yours is neither. I fail to see your motivation.

Greetings
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

No, no, I think I understand Wheatfield's (re-)action!
After a few months shooting with my, at the time, new K5, I stared to doubt seriously: "How is it possible I have no issues with that camera?"
Allmoste all posts I read on this site where reporting more or less serious issues, of different sorts, with that doomed K5.
Luckily it lasted only for a few days, then confidence came back when I realized I was just fooling my self, and I happily went on shooting ever after!
Nobody is perfect...

PS, Yes, there were (are) issues with some K5s and I really do feel sorry for those people who are struggling with this damned bad QC, but I happen to be happy with mine and I feel I have to 'ventilate' that too! :ugh:
But again, nobody is perfect, neither is Pentax...

09-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is an impression that is gleaned from reading the Pentax forums that there are no K5s out there that function well. That they are guaranteed to break, its just a matter of time -- mirror flipping, stains, freeze ups. The reality is that most of the cameras function just fine, without problem and when there have been problems, Pentax has fixed them, under warranty.

Understandably, it would get tiring if everyone whose K5 was functioning fine would post a message on the K5 board. Still, I see these K5 issues brought up in other threads, by those who don't own a K5 as proof of Pentax's decline, when in my mind, the K5 is the best camera that Pentax has ever produced and I would buy one again in a heart beat if something happened to mine.

Edit: Let me just say that QC issues are nothing new. My K10 developed focus issues, soon after getting out of warranty and the AE lock button broke. My k20 froze up periodically when it was brand new. In each of these cases, I didn't post threads about it, I just dealt with it. Pentax fixed the K20 quickly. The K10 they offered to fix (for 250 dollars), since it was out of warranty. If I were selling an item, I would like the opportunity to fix it, before the buyer disparaged my name on the internet.

Last edited by Rondec; 09-06-2011 at 05:06 AM.
09-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #21
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wheatfield, you have always been a whiner, just suck it up and use the damn thing the best you can. I have the exact same problems and you don't hear me here whining about it. It is your own fault for poking around and looking for those problems instead of getting out and snapping away. I shot this at ISO 12,800 yesterday, and although the noise looked like a confetti parade, I just accepted that the K5 is not what it has been cracked up to be and went on about my business.........complaining will just get you ridiculed on this Forum.
Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Seriously guys, it is just fun.....you have to admit that we are most all like little kids in the 2nd grade, poking and prodding at each other. I try to keep in mind that in 100years not a damn thing we do or don't will make any difference......heck, it won't matter in a few months most of the time. Some have problems, some don't.....nothing new about that!
09-06-2011, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Now all you need to do is cross-post it on as many forums as possible!

09-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
It would help to use the search button and read past threads and plentiful posts that may have been discussed earlier at length, instead of starting threads on a whim asking for help or advice just because you don't know wtf is happening. That way, you'll avoid most of the negativity and impatience that might come when newbies pose basic and often stupid questions. As newbies, don't always expect instant answers by posting threads claiming about issues that for the most part might be wholly unfounded or that you probably are not fully aware off. Instead, search judiciously and read up first instead of always expecting to be spoonfed or having your angst reassured. I think it is human nature for others to find this sort of behavior pretty tiring, hence the wall of negativity.
I think that pretty much sums it up.
09-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wheatfield, you have always been a whiner, just suck it up and use the damn thing the best you can. I have the exact same problems and you don't hear me here whining about it. It is your own fault for poking around and looking for those problems instead of getting out and snapping away. I shot this at ISO 12,800 yesterday, and although the noise looked like a confetti parade, I just accepted that the K5 is not what it has been cracked up to be and went on about my business.........complaining will just get you ridiculed on this Forum.
Regards!
[/url] [/IMG]

Seriously guys, it is just fun.....you have to admit that we are most all like little kids in the 2nd grade, poking and prodding at each other. I try to keep in mind that in 100years not a damn thing we do or don't will make any difference......heck, it won't matter in a few months most of the time. Some have problems, some don't.....nothing new about that!
Hi
It has to be the best fed menagerie in your neighborhood. Your pet shop proprietor must love you. Any money left to feed your clan ? :ugh:

Greetings
09-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
It has to be the best fed menagerie in your neighborhood. Your pet shop proprietor must love you. Any money left to feed your clan ? :ugh:

Greetings
Well, feed prices are up...sharply.....I spend around $150 a month or more? on feeding all the birds and Squirrels....Possums and Raccoons. Maybe it is not money well spent, considering the world condition, but when I look out at any time and can see a large number of animals enjoying life with plenty of food and water ( not to mention cold beer for the Squirrels! ) I get my money's worth in pleasure!
Regards!

Plenty to eat here! ISO 6400....Hope you can make out the Squirrel?
Name:  IMGP6883-700.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  220.2 KB
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

+1 Wheatfield !
09-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #27

** Slight hijack, @ Rupert - please keep the squirrels coming! Honestly man, you've somehow been able to capture their little personality with each image!
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by an3ony Quote
** Slight hijack, @ Rupert - please keep the squirrels coming! Honestly man, you've somehow been able to capture their little personality with each image!
Well, I am glad you like the Squirrels.......they are some serious fun around my place. I hope most enjoy them, and want to thank Adam for his hospitality towards my Squirrels on this Forum.

A couple of years ago when I got banned from DPR, largely because of a group of Squirrel Haters, although no reason was ever given.........I came over here and was warmly greeted by Adam and others, and he offered my Squirrel sanctuary, which was greatly appreciated, and still is. I try to keep them in line, maybe Otis is a little bit of a problem at times, but he does love the guys here, all of them, the Good the Bad, and the Ugly! He is a true Pentaxian Squirrel.......no doubt about it!

No matter where you go here, Otis is watching over you.......now that's dedication!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wheatfield, I find your commentary particularly unsympathetic to folks like me, who have owned Pentax cameras for years with the same recurring hardware problem: the nut that depresses the shutter button does not always function properly.
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
not to mention cold beer for the Squirrels!

Obviously.
Otis looks a little bit bombed.
Closed Thread