Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wheatfield, you have always been a whiner, just suck it up and use the damn thing the best you can. I have the exact same problems and you don't hear me here whining about it. It is your own fault for poking around and looking for those problems instead of getting out and snapping away. I shot this at ISO 12,800 yesterday, and although the noise looked like a confetti parade, I just accepted that the K5 is not what it has been cracked up to be and went on about my business.........complaining will just get you ridiculed on this Forum.

Seriously guys, it is just fun.....you have to admit that we are most all like little kids in the 2nd grade, poking and prodding at each other. I try to keep in mind that in 100years not a damn thing we do or don't will make any difference......heck, it won't matter in a few months most of the time. Some have problems, some don't.....nothing new about that!

Well said on all counts Rupert!!

The K-5 is a fantastic camera. We all know that. but at the same time the reality is that many K-5s do have faults. people are entitled and justified to publish thir opinions about those faults.

this is why IMO

Wheatfield -1
Rupert +1

It's immature to mock people who have genuine faults with their camera.

09-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
Obviously.
Otis looks a little bit bombed.
Hi
A little bombed ? - A lot bombed I say, just have a closer look at his eyes, this is how he come up this morning. Its a disgrace.

P.S.
As Ossies we know a thing or two about bush fires and I think I will be on save grounds in saying on behalf of all us here, we feel for your plight in Texas. Hope the fire is not near you.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-31-2011 at 07:18 AM.
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
A very immature poke at those who have legitimate problems with a camera they have spent a lot of money on. All you've done is embarrassed yourself.
I have to agree with you.

To be that immature at that age, there is no cure. A mix of historionic and narcissistic personality traits.
09-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, I went out to take some pictures today again, and again, everything just clicked.
For fun, I bought one of those goofy 20 dollar Holga lenses that have the Pentax mount.
100% plastic, but for a metal screw that keeps the lens from unscrewing completely when focusing. I wonder if I could make a macro lens....
Anyway, I'm just having some fun, some of you lot have your shorts on way to tight.

09-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #35
Banned

O my g*d how can you live like this? You'r probably the only one having a perfect K-5. Put it in a museum and never use it again
09-07-2011, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Called Pentax, and describe my problem to Mark Davis. He had me try different things to reproduce it, and sure enough the camera locked up upon exiting liveview. He told me to send it back to B/H. So I packed it up, and sent it off. B/H was nice enough to upgrade my shipping back to me to next day for free. Mark Davis, and Joe Virgil have both been with Pentax forever, and really know their stuff. Joe helped me through my difficulties with the K7. Both are extremely nice, and really take the time to figure out what's going on. If any of you are unfortunate enough to have a genuine problem with your Pentax these are the people to contact. Not sure of their titles, but I know Joe has been with them for like 30 years. At any rate, Mark told me a properly operating camera should not lock up on a consistent basis like mine. Sorry if I caused a bit of a stir here, didn't mean to get anyone upset, but when people have a real problem ridiculing them solves nothing. I love the K5, and according to B/H, I can return it as many times as I wish, switch to a different camera, or just get my bucks back. After living with it for a few days, I'm hooked. Just wanted to let you know how things went. Thanks to everyone who did give me constructive advice. I know I said I was done posting here, but this site is a great resource for Pentax, and as long as I own one I decided to stay, and voice my opinions as I see fit, whether or not people agree. The point is they were expressed. Thanks again.

Last edited by Tony3d; 09-07-2011 at 04:38 AM.
09-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #37
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Poor Otis....I just thought he was exhausted the day I shot that........drinking....again...... When you carry the load of the entire Squirrel Kingdom on your little back, I guess it is more stress than just a "feeder/caretaker" like me can comprehend. I'll try to be more understanding the next time he tries to bite me....and see if I can get him to go to Dr Louie Squirrel for some counseling.
Thanks for looking into that shot a little closer.......I just missed it completely.

Fires......yes, they are bad around here......Otis has stopped all cigar smoking by his Army men until we get some rain. In the past, it has not been uncommon at night to look up in a big Oak and see a Squirrel nest on fire, with the occupants scurrying out and one of them hollering...."save my cigar"!

Best Regards!

Tony....Good Luck! If anyone needs it, you do!

09-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Poor Otis....I just thought he was exhausted the day I shot that........drinking....again...... When you carry the load of the entire Squirrel Kingdom on your little back, I guess it is more stress than just a "feeder/caretaker" like me can comprehend. I'll try to be more understanding the next time he tries to bite me....and see if I can get him to go to Dr Louie Squirrel for some counseling.
Thanks for looking into that shot a little closer.......I just missed it completely.

Fires......yes, they are bad around here......Otis has stopped all cigar smoking by his Army men until we get some rain. In the past, it has not been uncommon at night to look up in a big Oak and see a Squirrel nest on fire, with the occupants scurrying out and one of them hollering...."save my cigar"!

Best Regards!

Tony....Good Luck! If anyone needs it, you do!
Thanks Rupert. I am looking forward to the replacement. Now I'm stuck with my Lumix
FZ 30. It's going to be a long ten days.
09-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeez, lighten up, people.
09-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #40
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Jeez, lighten up, people.
We have, did you miss it?

Regards!
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Glad that you...

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Called Pentax, and describe my problem to Mark Davis. He had me try different things to reproduce it, and sure enough the camera locked up upon exiting liveview. He told me to send it back to B/H. So I packed it up, and sent it off. B/H was nice enough to upgrade my shipping back to me to next day for free. Mark Davis, and Joe Virgil have both been with Pentax forever, and really know their stuff. Joe helped me through my difficulties with the K7. Both are extremely nice, and really take the time to figure out what's going on. If any of you are unfortunate enough to have a genuine problem with your Pentax these are the people to contact. Not sure of their titles, but I know Joe has been with them for like 30 years. At any rate, Mark told me a properly operating camera should not lock up on a consistent basis like mine. Sorry if I caused a bit of a stir here, didn't mean to get anyone upset, but when people have a real problem ridiculing them solves nothing. I love the K5, and according to B/H, I can return it as many times as I wish, switch to a different camera, or just get my bucks back. After living with it for a few days, I'm hooked. Just wanted to let you know how things went. Thanks to everyone who did give me constructive advice. I know I said I was done posting here, but this site is a great resource for Pentax, and as long as I own one I decided to stay, and voice my opinions as I see fit, whether or not people agree. The point is they were expressed. Thanks again.
I am glad that you are on your way to a replacement. I am also glad that you were able to reproduce your problem for the technicians. What would really be helpful for people here is for you to outline the steps that you took to reproduce the problem. Those that are brave could also see if their cameras have the same issue. Also, it would be helpful if you added the serial number and manufacture date to the database so that there is the potential to track such issues with production.

Also, I apologize if anything that I wrote in jest offended you. Just taking a break from my day job with a little brevity.
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #42
Veteran Member

The problem only came up when exiting Liveview. After shooting a shot in Liveview using the TAv mode, rotate the back dial, then press the play button. This seemed to cause my camera to freeze more often than just hitting the Liveview button to exit. Although it did freeze using either method.
09-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #43
Inactive Account

The problem only came up when exiting Liveview. After shooting a shot in Liveview using the TAv mode, rotate the back dial, then press the play button. This seemed to cause my camera to freeze more often than just hitting the Liveview button to exit. Although it did freeze using either method.
If Pentax KNEW how to tell you to re-create your problem, then it isn't a phantom issue and is something they know about. Following that procedure (v1.03 FW) did not lock mine. I would be a little (not much but a little) gun shy of getting a camera from the same lot. Good luck with your replacement.

09-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I'm glad that things are looking up, but...

I'm glad that things are looking up. In hindsight, doing this at the outset rather than posting in multiple forums would have saved a lot on time, wasted type and repeated complaining.

Regards

09-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #45
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by -Spooky- Quote
People take it personally and get worked up when someone posts about having a problem.
People take it personally and get worked up when someone posts about not having a problem.
Gotta love the internet.
Likewise you either get called a fanboy or diss'n on Pentax.
Closed Thread