Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #1

Manual book or....

howdy all, As ive mentioned before i bought my K5 from china, works great, But i didnt get a manual with it, Ive contacted Pentax.com and asked if i can aquire a manual book,, BUT they keep telling me to DWLD from there site, BUT... it dosent seem to show all the things i need to know(ect Menu,filters,modes, simple little things...

Has anyone noticed a difference between the 2,,
Much prefer the book... any info appreciated....SAP

09-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently purchased my K5 from Topbuy.com.au...also no paper manual, which I prefer because I can take with me when out and about. I found a website manualsink dot com they send out copies of virtually any manual, It has cost me approx $23.50 AU for a Two-Sided High-Quality Laser Printed Professional Binding (Allows Manual To Lay Flat). It was the cheapest manual I found on the web and its in transit as we speak

Last edited by CHardy; 09-07-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: wouldnt post the web address
09-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #3
sap

Original Poster

Thanx heaps chardy...let me know how it goes...
Ive owned a K10, K20, with manual, and have worked out the smaller details from them.

But the k5 DWLD prog. just dosent give me the details i need..
AS with all manuals Book, you can take it to bed, The Loo, or just a quik browse....
Hope it works out for yah..... Simon.....
09-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #4

I will definately let you know when it arrives...only ordered on monday and coming from east coast USA...so allow about 10-14 days I guess....although last time I ordered from Black Rapid ( camera straps) it arrived in 8 days. I hope the manual has all the nitty grittys...I like to sit and read then test my knowledge...not the same sitting in computer room. BTW the dot com above is .com after the name manualsink, but the page wouldnt let me post it that way....anyways, will let you know

09-07-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
sap

Original Poster
Im with yah chardy...
09-07-2011, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis always says ...RTFM! Yes,it is very handy and just plain useful. However.....there are many like me...to many...that just refuse to use good sense and read it. When I do, it is amazing to find what I can do with my K5!

I don't do maps either......just head out in the direction I want to go. Sometimes a two hour trip takes all day........

Short story....if you have the time......

I had guy that worked for me a few years, and he originally came to Texas from Georgia. He was not a map person either.......and had never been west of the Mississippi. He was headed to Ft Worth Tx. He ended up in Ft Stockton Tx on Interstate 10. Do a Google Map...he only missed by about 500 miles!

Regards & read it, very informative.....so I have heard!
09-07-2011, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by sap Quote
howdy all, As ive mentioned before i bought my K5 from china, works great, But i didnt get a manual with it, Ive contacted Pentax.com and asked if i can aquire a manual book,, BUT they keep telling me to DWLD from there site, BUT... it dosent seem to show all the things i need to know(ect Menu,filters,modes, simple little things...

Has anyone noticed a difference between the 2,,
Much prefer the book... any info appreciated....SAP
Hey,
I've got both the paper and PDF.
For the filters; pg 162, for the MENU; start at PG 89, for the MODES, start at pg 71. This should be a good start. If you have the .pdf, and are looking for something specific, hit 'control f' and the find menu should pop up.

good luck.
09-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #8

I've downloaded the K-5 manual from the Pentax site, tossed it into my Dropbox.com account, and then set it as a "favorite". That way, even without Internet connectivity, I have it always with me on my smartphone. Works great!

And yes, there's some cool stuff in there but you have to read it!

:-)

09-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sap Quote
But the k5 DWLD prog. just dosent give me the details i need.
Just to clarify: The paper version is not more elaborate. The PDF is complete in the sense that it 100% represents what is in the paper copy.
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #10

My user manual from manualsink (dotcom) arrived today and I am really happy I spent the money to get it. I managed to curl up on the lounge ( away from the blasted computer for once) and have discovered all sorts of functions I didnt know the K5 did. I have tried to sit and read the emanual on the computer but lost interest. I purchased the large manual. ( should have got the small I think, the large is too big to put in camera backpack) All up it cost me just under $27.00 AU. I recommend purchasing the manual from the above named company..cheapest I found on the net, and is exact copy of the manual from Pentax.