Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
....he said he was certain you guys would understand!
Otis, we do understand! :ugh:

09-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Now you tell Otis that this is simply not fair. Yes, I did have some problems with my K5, but to have me punished like this as I stare into the great abyss, and slip slowly into madness is going just a bit to far. Tell him I have learned the error of my ways, and offer him my two best soldiers who would like to join his army. They work cheap, and are totally commited. Tell him there is a lot of red tape in the bush, but I think I can secure a contract.

Last edited by Tony3d; 09-25-2011 at 07:06 AM.
09-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #138
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
That is pretty inhumane, but of course Otis is not human, so what can you expect? I will talk to him about it, but can't make any guarantees.....after all.Otis is the one with the "Otis Guarantee", not me!

Otis is pretty busy, as you can see, but he will take a good look at your "recruits". His first glance opinion was that they didn't seem "Squirrely" enough...but he does have some "Special Forces" units where he might use them? He said to ask them if they have had any experience as suicide bombers?

Regards!

You guys let me get my beauty rest!
[IMG] [/IMG]
09-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Perhaps these will get me back in good grace with Otis. Here chicky chicky.

09-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
That should do it! Now I see why Otis is always running those Ads in the local paper for a "well qualified" Squirrel shooter. I do my best, but like Otis says, sometimes that just isn't good enough.
After viewing those, he said he might consider moving down your way.....with his entire Army. So congratulations if he does.....and start looking for a second job to feed them all. You can take my place here and I will use my new income for lenses and shooting something different....Raccoons maybe? Lovely models? Naked beauties.......? I would miss him, but would get over it after a couple of nudie sessions, no doubt!
Regards!
09-25-2011, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That should do it! Now I see why Otis is always running those Ads in the local paper for a "well qualified" Squirrel shooter. I do my best, but like Otis says, sometimes that just isn't good enough.
After viewing those, he said he might consider moving down your way.....with his entire Army. So congratulations if he does.....and start looking for a second job to feed them all. You can take my place here and I will use my new income for lenses and shooting something different....Raccoons maybe? Lovely models? Naked beauties.......? I would miss him, but would get over it after a couple of nudie sessions, no doubt!
Regards!
Would I be out of line here if I were to state that "the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel" ? If so, I'll definitely keep that comment to myself.

Oh, btw, I'm a pretty good squirrel shooter. With the scope on my rifle, I seldom miss.

09-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #142
Veteran Member

Regards!
LOL! Now tell Otis he doesn't have to get all sentimental about it. He can stay right there. I have enough of his kinfolk right here. Although I am touched I must admit.

Misty, now you stop that! (iPhone shot).

Last edited by Tony3d; 09-25-2011 at 10:12 AM.
09-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #143
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
Would I be out of line here if I were to state that "the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel" ? If so, I'll definitely keep that comment to myself.

Oh, btw, I'm a pretty good squirrel shooter. With the scope on my rifle, I seldom miss.

I know you Al, you shoot the little critters with your K5 and K100D and do a great job. Unless you have been mighty hungry, I doubt you would resort to cold blooded murder.
So post a few Squirrels here, they are usually better than mine.

So Jeff, you don't relish the idea of a Squirrel Army, with empty stomachs, camped in your yard? Can't say I blame you. A while back I talked a lady into feeding Squirrels in her yard.....now she will a hardly talk to me. Seems they took over everything in sight......and although old and fragile, she had to go back to work to feed them, and even in knee deep snow, they demand their daily ration...which is always having to be increased as they gain weight. I've seen some she has posted that are as big as cats.....she has cats too, but may have to give them up to maintain her duty to the Squirrels.

Note: Al, I know what you are thinking ....don't do it! She will kill me dead! Then all my Squirrels will have to head up in her direction......

Regards!

09-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote

Now you tell Otis that this is simply not fair. Yes, I did have some problems with my K5, but to have me punished like this as I stare into the great abyss, and slip slowly into madness is going just a bit to far. Tell him I have learned the error of my ways, and offer him my two best soldiers who would like to join his army. They work cheap, and are totally commited. Tell him there is a lot of red tape in the bush, but I think I can secure a contract.

ROFL at the Cone pic Tony!!!!
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
ROFL at the Cone pic Tony!!!!
Smeggy, there are serious posts in this PForum, and a place for them...lots of them, and I learn a lot from the better and more serious shooters we have here, they are a valued bunch of guys, you included. But....isn't it nice to be able to mix in a little fun with out photos! Some places are so cold and dry that a lot of people are scared away, afraid they may offend or have a little fun that won't be appreciated. DPR comes to mind quickly......we are damn lucky to have this place where we can interact with each other like friends do in the real world, and I appreciate it and know many others do also!
Best Regards!
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Smeggy, there are serious posts in this PForum, and a place for them...lots of them, and I learn a lot from the better and more serious shooters we have here, they are a valued bunch of guys, you included. But....isn't it nice to be able to mix in a little fun with out photos! Some places are so cold and dry that a lot of people are scared away, afraid they may offend or have a little fun that won't be appreciated. DPR comes to mind quickly......we are damn lucky to have this place where we can interact with each other like friends do in the real world, and I appreciate it and know many others do also!
Best Regards!

Well said Rupert!!

I have a dog cone!!! - I shall consider wearing it everytime I post here now
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #147
Veteran Member

Yes, it is rather dashing! Glad you like it. Although I must warn you, it does interfere with the camera strap.
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Yes, it is rather dashing! Glad you like it. Although I must warn you, it does interfere with the camera strap.
....but, Otis notes, you have stopped biting your tail and licking.........
Regards!
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #149
Veteran Member

....but, Otis notes, you have stopped biting your tail and licking.........
Regards!
This is true, but I'm not totally convinced the inconvenience with the camera strap is actually worth it.
That may take some thought...... Yes, it is definitely worth it.

Last edited by Tony3d; 09-25-2011 at 08:26 PM.
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #150
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I hope Mrs Rupert doesn't see this...I don't want to wear one, but I can see how it could happen!
Regards!