Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Actually, she would have. Dogs appreciate honesty, even though people sometimes don't
Yep, and they have a nose for trouble too......and my Doggies never appreciated that too much. I have a great perfectly functioning K5, and so do many, many, others....that is the dead honest truth.
Regards!

09-11-2011, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Actually, you don't admit anything. You just try to change where the target is sitting and then think you've done something clever.
As far as where I noticed your reading comprehension problem, that would have been post #1 in this thread.

Why not drop the Otis crap, it's juvenile and while it may have been funny once, it is far past being anything other than childish antics.
Perhaps you should come up with an intelligent rebuttal to the post you are taking umbrage with. Rather than mocking me for being right, try to do something that proves me wrong for a change.
It would be the adult thing to do.
Are you up to it, Rupert?

Your posts are becoming increasingly distasteful Wheatfield. Rupert and Otis are one of the elements that make this forum a fun place to visit. Your presence unfortunately is making it less of a fun place to visit.

This is a fun thread. Please don't continue to contaminate it with your posts.

Rupert! please continue to relay us the thoughts of the mighty Otis!!!! Long Live Otis!!!
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, and they have a nose for trouble too......and my Doggies never appreciated that too much. I have a great perfectly functioning K5, and so do many, many, others....that is the dead honest truth.
Regards!
Yup. My doggies would bite him!!! ROFL
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Smeggy, don't worry about Otis, he is plenty able to weather any storm...after all, he leads a million Squirrel Army, and has fought in the trenches.....and on the transformers...... He's carried the weight of heavy bird feeders, and had old ladies try to run over him in their big Lincolns and Cadillacs. He's felt the wrath of Phone Co lineman and Larry the Cable Guy......He's been falsley accused of fathering more young Squirrels, than there are young Squirrels. He's been litigated and mitigated, and cursed by neighbors.... and their Dogs. He's been shot at, thrown at, and threatened with the extinction of his entire clan.........but he is still here, and going strong!

It is the children Squirrels that concern Otis. He thinks that they are too young to be exposed to the kind of language Wheatfield has used to describe their leader. Otis is not childish or juvenile, everyone knows he is a serious world leader to be reckoned with. He has told us himself many times....so it has to be right....who argues with Otis?

As we proceed, let's remember the children, they are our future........well, at least they are Otis' future!

A confused youngster.... at ISO 5,000 through my dirty office window. Otis loves the K5...so do I!

Best Regards from Otis!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.
09-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #50
Veteran Member

high speed K-5 capture of pieces of wheat cells being dropped in the path of hungry doggie.

09-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Neat shot for sure...love that look in his eye!.....but for goodness sake give that poor Doggie a big fat sirloin steak! No self respecting Doggie wants wheat flakes....maybe Capn' Crunch, but not wheat flakes!
Regards!
09-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Neat shot for sure...love that look in his eye!.....but for goodness sake give that poor Doggie a big fat sirloin steak! No self respecting Doggie wants wheat flakes....maybe Capn' Crunch, but not wheat flakes!
Regards!
The wheat cells made her ill

My doggies actually have a penchant for fish. I only have to say to them "Fish!" and they leap about wagging tails and drooling

Fishfield!!
09-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You know, my Doggie Hooter loved fish. I thought it was strange? Maybe not?
Regards!

I have another Doggie story about old Dog Rupert...and spaghetti.....but I like you guys too much to do another story on you all in one day. Not even Wheatfield deserves that kind of treatment!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-12-2011 at 09:40 PM.
09-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #54
Inactive Account

The Hound will eat anything I give him. He especially likes Onions and is pretty fond of hot pickles too (he doesn't get those too often). Moms dog, Sam, a half breed black lab / Chesapeake bay retriever was quite picky though. He hated anything with tomato in it. We gave him a slice of pizza one night. He pulled the cheese off the top, flipped the bread onto the floor and smeared it around until the tomato sauce was all wiped off. Then did the same thing with the cheese topping. Only then, would he eat it, leaving the tomato sauce smeared all over the floor. He wasn't a big fan of spaghetti for the same reason.

09-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

The Hound will eat anything I give him. He especially likes Onions and is pretty fond of hot pickles too (he doesn't get those too often). Moms dog, Sam, a half breed black lab / Chesapeake bay retriever was quite picky though. He hated anything with tomato in it. We gave him a slice of pizza one night. He pulled the cheese off the top, flipped the bread onto the floor and smeared it around until the tomato sauce was all wiped off. Then did the same thing with the cheese topping. Only then, would he eat it, leaving the tomato sauce smeared all over the floor. He wasn't a big fan of spaghetti for the same reason.

That's a funny story with the tomato sauce!

Careful with the onions however, not good for doggies.
09-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Is this an anti bird post ?" is asking Reddish "Be happy, you're the first here !" I said

09-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #57
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
That's a funny story with the tomato sauce!

Careful with the onions however, not good for doggies.
He doesn't get very many. Just when I'm chopping them and a piece falls on the floor.

09-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #58

Is there a way to block a user, so i can't see his posts anymore? I would love to not see Rupert the wannabe squirrel all over the forum. It was fun (maybe) in the beginning, but now i wonder if somebody needs to call a doctor or not. However, people may like him, good for them, i don't. Thanks.
09-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #59
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert: How about posting some detail on the lens, etc. used when you post shots of Otis? While our backyard has more deer than squirrels, I'd like to set up better for nature shots. My old Spiratone teles from the 60s-70s don't cut it with the cropped-sensor cameras. My 2000mm Russian mirror lens got tossed in an over-zealous house clean-out, so I'm starting over... Hopefully the Austin-area fires won't come back and take our woods.
09-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #60
Site Supporter

As far as Karen and I are concerned, we are here for information and lots of fun. We are both middle aged medical professionals, and I am a professional photographer also, and we think Rupert and Otis rock! Keep it up for as long as your able, as I love to see both your posts. Those that don't want to see them don't have to read them....

David