Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #61
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
FS99..Birds are certainly welcome in any of my threads, although Otis thinks they consume far too much bird feed. He and his Army are constantly trying to reduce the amount they eat by re-sizing those bird feeders....

Step One...Sorry, and yes there is a way to block both me and Otis. Perhaps if Otis sent out a squad of his men for a personal visit, they could convince you they were "good guys"......or they could eat all the wiring to your house!

Tom....I will try to do that. Here is a link to my Squirrels....the ones on Flickr........ Festus & Friends - a set on Flickr and the ones on PBase(32 pages) Yard Squirrels Photo Gallery by James Williams at pbase.com
I think almost all of them have EXIF attached. 90% of my shots of Squirrels are with the Bigma 50-500...my favorite lens.

David/Karen Thanks for the kind words. Otis appreciates your attention and enjoys your company here. Like me, Otis realizes that Squirrels and silliness is not for everyone.....not that Otis is ever silly...he is a seriously great leader........but in a world of Doom and Gloom, sometimes a little fun or lighthearted humor is welcome...at least it is to us. When I watch the News, read the paper, etc and am down and gloomy....it is Otis that always reminds me..."relax, have fun, enjoy the day....you are going to die, you do know that, right? Don't waste this day, it will never come again."
Yes, I like Otis, he is always right, even when I am not.

Best Regards to all here, you too Step One........It all works out in the end.

BTW- Anyone need a spare Possum? Found him in my shop this morning........Otis said he was hungry, so I fed him. Jeff, he didn't like onions on his Pizza, but the tomatoes were just fine with him!

K5 +Tokina 28-70 AF 2.8 1/80 f3.5 ISO 2500 AWB in flourescent light. Love the K5!
[IMG] [/IMG]

09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
FS99..Birds are certainly welcome in any of my threads, although Otis thinks they consume far too much bird feed. He and his Army are constantly trying to reduce the amount they eat by re-sizing those bird feeders....

Reddish reminds me that it's easy for them to swoop down on some downsizing squirrels to pick their head.
He said : "So, if those tetrapods want, an armistice is conceivable."
09-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Not a Possum but I have a cute little baby fox. Btw, I enjoy the adventures of Otis myself.

Last edited by agsy; 06-23-2013 at 06:01 AM.
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Love that little Fox! You sure got a nice shot there! I'd love to get a good Fox shot like that....we have them here but they are very elusive.

Squirrels, Possums, Foxes, Birds, Doggies, Cats.....we seem to have a little of everything here! Anyone want to add anything else, and place their vote, you are certainly welcome to fill the Zoo! We may be "childish", but it sure is fun!

I would get out my Coloring Book and Crayons....but I have a feeling Parallax is lurking somewhere and would take my Crayons away...he did do that once......hurt my feelings real bad. Jealousy among artists is fairly common, I hear?
Regards!

09-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by agsy Quote
Not a Possum but I have a cute little baby fox. Btw, I enjoy the adventures of Otis myself.

Cute little guy. Somehow I don't think he and Otis would get along well together for long.

When we moved here 17 years ago we had a grown one that dropped by a few times per year but I have not seen him for some time now.
09-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #66
Veteran Member

There's some lovely beasties in this thread. keep 'em coming.
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love that little Fox! You sure got a nice shot there! I'd love to get a good Fox shot like that....we have them here but they are very elusive.
Thanks Rupert!

That is true over here too. And they move so fast, it took me a while to take a couple of keepers and the poor lighting did not help at all. Here is an another one (pretty heavily cropped). And rat's beware

Keep' em coming

Last edited by agsy; 06-23-2013 at 06:01 AM.
09-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #68

Otis's distant cousins love him.....and the K5... Rupert, don't change a thing about your posts. We love them.
Attached Images

09-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Possum from down under-
09-12-2011, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Possum from down under-
WOW, now that is one surprised Possum! You can almost see those pupils in motion. Great shot!
09-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #71

Zim is no fool

Zim the parrot adds his endorsement to that of Otis, saying, "I look great when photographed with a K-5!"
He adds, "I'd like my peanut now, please."

K-5 with Pentax SMC-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited lens, 1/50th, F/4, ISO800.
09-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #72

Photos: Albums
Sadie Mae would like a peek at a K5, we are poor and can only afford some bird seed and a trusty old K7 https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/115-pentax-k-5-k-5-ii/103440d1315882418-otis-fool-011-583-x-600-.jpg
Attached Images

Last edited by alcstudios; 09-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow! You guys have really posted some nice animals here, and Otis wants me to send you all his thanks and best regards......your votes for him and the K5 are a vote for all the little creatures posted as well. No matter the camera used, the shots are great and the thought is special. Otis likes that..."special people"....and he sees them here all the time, and in particular in this thread.
He is going to get his Big Screen out of the Pawn Shop (It's a long story, but never loan your Big Screen to a relative with a bushy tail) and play all these for his Army Squirrels to view....

So keep them coming! We have lots of room left, just be sure to keep a little K5 talk going and of course your vote, so no Mod will shut us down for drifting Off Topic! After all, bringing some enthusiasm and fun to shooting is what the K5 does best!

Best Regards!

BTW-Didn't comment on it there, but TOUGEFC, that is an amazingly lovely shot of the A Frame house over in Post Your K5 Photos......great lighting and a place I could enjoy! Not many "home" shots grab me, but
that one did! Regards to your Possum too!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-12-2011 at 08:37 PM.
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #74
Veteran Member

09-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Australian possum feeded with south american food... lol
This photos are really nice with the deported flash.