Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is Otis a Fool?

Otis read somewhere here that anyone that recommends a K5 is a fool.........he took great exception to that, since he is directly responsible for many here now owning, and loving, their K5's.
Otis does not deny that there have been problems with some, but this is a new and innovative electronic marvel, it should be expected. He notes that it is not the only camera that has displayed some difficulties, and also notes that the K5 has a fine warranty, made for just such exceptions.

Otis loves you guys, regrets that anyone has had a problem, and appreciates the joys of K5 shooting that so many enjoy ( in particular the Squirrel shooters! ) He does not want to lead anyone astray, he wants everyone to be happy and actually get out and shoot something.......Squirrels preferred but if not, some lovely models, "tuned in to nature" will be perfectly acceptable.

If you think Otis should continue to give the K5 a "Highly Recommended"...no strings attached, let him know it in this thread. He doesn't know how to make a poll, and I'm not as smart as Otis, so I sure don't.....just leave your vote here and a few words to go with it if you desire.
Regards!

Otis will abide by your decision.....so your vote is important....both to Otis and the K5. He will be watching closely!

Regards!

09-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wouldn't want to argue with Otis. I love my K5 even though it has the mirror flop sickness. I'll add my cat to the list of endorsers of the K5.

She usually can't be bothered with endorsements but in this case it did get her to open at least one eye in support of the K5.
09-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It chokes Otis to accept the endorsement of a cat, but he does! He has little or no use for cats, but does admit, if he did, that would be a fine looking cat to appreciate. He also noted that it was an excellent shot.........would you consider a job as a Squirrel shooter in his Army? He has not really been satisfied with his current shooter for several years........
If so....I will pay freight to ship you Otis and his entire Army. He is willing, but demands to fly on Air Force One....with attendants provided by Ed in Georgia...... heck....can I come with him?
Regards!
09-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

People here know by now that The Hound doesn't endorse cameras. He thinks though that using AF-1 to fly an army of squirrels from Texas to California would be putting it to better use than it is right now.

No, I don't think Otis is a fool. Even Otis knows and would agree that people are free to look at all the information in front of them and make their own decisions.

09-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Otis is all for freedom to choose, freedom to speak, and freedom to enjoy your K5 ......and freedom to Highly Recommend the K5. He likes that old hound, and would gladly exercise him several times a day......some of my neighbors overweight Labs are beginning to look more like Whippets....chasing Squirrels is not only fun, it is great exercise!

Otis likes the look in your old hounds eye, and wanted to see it better...he hopes you don't mind, and says it appears that he has spotted a Squirrel?

Name:  doggie_edited-1.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  198.6 KB
Regards!

Otis thanks you for your vote!
09-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Inactive Account

No he doesn't mind and Yes, He has spotted a squirrel.

09-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Not recommending the K5 brings a tear to Deputy Dawgs eyes, even though we have had some difficulties.

09-10-2011, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

K-5? Where? I want one!

Last edited by agsy; 06-23-2013 at 06:01 AM.
09-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #9

Mr. Sanjay Squirrel will surely fight at Otis side to ensure the freedom for anyone to give the K5 a "Highly Recommended". Watch out for the right uppercut all naysayers!
Attached Images

09-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I only once met some-one who said into my face that my K-5 sucks!

Well he ain't gonna try that another time!

09-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I see why Otis loves you guys.....you think just like he does!
Regards!
09-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis may not be a fool, but his reading comprehension is appropriately squirrel like.
Jester says squirrels sure are yummy, cats not so much.
09-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Chesney is too enamored by the mysterious substance shooting out from the under the water to care about what camera I was using:

09-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Your post.....
"Frankly though, anyone who recommends a K5 with no caveats is an even bigger fool than I was when the thing came out and I was peeing on everyone who was finding something wrong with the thing."

Otis concedes that there are some areas where he just can't top the competition......and thanks you for bringing this to his attention.

Regards!

Keep pitching, but I am not easy to hit.....
[IMG] [/IMG]
09-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Otis' redneck cousin in Oregon thinks there's something pretty squirrelly about all this K-5 bashing.