Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
So.......I was honest then and honest now. I see that is a problem with you, but don't expect to see a change. I was critical of the faults of the time, I never changed that, and when corrected I promptly bought the K5. I am still critical of the faults others have, and want them corrected too, but acknowledge that most do not have problems. If that is a problem to you, then it is your problem, not mine.
Regards
How can it be my problem when it is you that has flip-flopped with your opinions of the K-5. Why even make a claim that you've never said anything negative about the K-5 when you evidently have on more than one occasion in earlier posts in the past. Of course I'm happy that your K-5 is problem free and giving you great images but let's get the record straight with the claims that you make about not being negative.

09-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
How can it be my problem when it is you that has flip-flopped with your opinions of the K-5. Why even make a claim that you've never said anything negative about the K-5 when you evidently have on more than one occasion in earlier posts in the past. Of course I'm happy that your K-5 is problem free and giving you great images but let's get the record straight with the claims that you make about not being negative.
I have never, ever, said such a thing, you are forgetting that people here know me, and many know me well........past and present. My statement stands uncorrected....if there was anything wrong with my K5, I would damn sure tell you. Only a newcomer would not know that I was one of the fiercest critics of the K5 and its problems back in the first part of the year. Why should I deny that?

Hey, if you just don't like me, that's fine, I regret it, but it is your choice who you associate with here. I'm not looking for trouble.....been there, done that......life is too short and friends too hard to come by.
Best Regards!
Rupert
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #18
Pentaxian

WE have this thread with the good thing of the K-5 , noi need to start a new one when we already have 1635+ replies

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/123731-no-more-tests-jus...ml#post1638197
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
WE have this thread with the good thing of the K-5 , noi need to start a new one when we already have 1635+ replies

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/123731-no-more-tests-jus...ml#post1638197
And some damn fine shots we have over there too! If anyone is not viewing that thread regularly, they should be. Don't just view it as a "K5Thread" there are some wonderfully great shots in there everyone should see! .....and , of course, a few Squirrels!

Regards!

09-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Got my K-5 about two months ago and find it terrific. No problems, except that the SD card slot is a little tight. Files are fabulous. It focuses much more quickly than my K20D. It also is much more accurate with exposures. What else to say? Well, ignore creampuff. We all change our minds now and then.
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I stop trying to convince others that the K5 is really good tool, it's useless! People just want to run with the flock and hear horror stories, good news is no news...
I am very pleased with my K5, and the DA primes, but I will not let it be spoiled by the ranting and nonsenses of others.
Yes, there are issues with the K5, as do my Siemens dishwasher, VolksWagen Transporter, Miele vacuum cleaner and Illy espresso machine. I hardly hear somebody complain about failing housekeeping
equipment, they just have it fixed (that's what I do). But when an even more fine, refined, sensible, miniaturized and reasonably priced piece of gear is failing, the world is to small for their 'weeping'!
What is going on with you people?
The only thing one can really complain about is Pentax's very slow, time consuming and annoying service! But that's due to these people, not the machine and it's designers!
Don't shoot the pianist!

This book is about to come out; I shot it entirely with Pentax: VdH|books, the Art Publishing Company

I am considering to leave this forum! Sorry Adam...

Take care,
09-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #22
Site Supporter

I've had my K-5 for three months and a bit, and have experienced no problems. Well, apart from the constant lust for expensive glass. (As if I'm able to fully utilise the consumer grade lenses I already have...)

A beautiful machine
09-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I've had my K-5 for three months and a bit, and have experienced no problems. Well, apart from the constant lust for expensive glass. (As if I'm able to fully utilise the consumer grade lenses I already have...)

A beautiful machine
I can also wholeheartedly recommend getting the K5
and some limiteds too

09-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #24
Forum Member

Greetings! Well, My K-5 is 3 months old, and works great insofar as image quality is concerned. However, the issues I notice are:
1. Batteries last only about 100 images on full charge. (I have 3 Pentax batteries, each exhibiting same issue, so that leads me to the camera.)
2. After about 20 minutes of intermittent Live View use (indoors), the High Temperature warning icon displays.
3. The Horizontal level is about 15 degrees off.
URGENT QUESTION Please: If I bought another K-5 "today", what is the likelihood that it too, would have these same issues? Thank you! Regards, Stevelink steve@totalqualityphoto.com
09-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevelink Quote
Greetings! Well, My K-5 is 3 months old, and works great insofar as image quality is concerned. However, the issues I notice are:
1. Batteries last only about 100 images on full charge. (I have 3 Pentax batteries, each exhibiting same issue, so that leads me to the camera.)
2. After about 20 minutes of intermittent Live View use (indoors), the High Temperature warning icon displays.
3. The Horizontal level is about 15 degrees off.
URGENT QUESTION Please: If I bought another K-5 "today", what is the likelihood that it too, would have these same issues? Thank you! Regards, Stevelink steve@totalqualityphoto.com
Those symptoms are not even close to what I've experienced. The battery life is long, just like the K10D was for me - even occasionally using on-board flash. Something is seriously wrong with your camera, I think. I don't use live view frequently, but the one session I used it for a long time I never saw the temperature warning.
09-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevelink Quote
Batteries last only about 100 images on full charge.
Something is seriously wrong either with your charger or your camera. Unless you mean 100 images in 3 months time period, i.e. battery going flat due to self-discharge
09-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Those symptoms are not even close to what I've experienced. The battery life is long, just like the K10D was for me - even occasionally using on-board flash. Something is seriously wrong with your camera, I think. I don't use live view frequently, but the one session I used it for a long time I never saw the temperature warning.
Thank you for your comment! I think I shall order another body and see what happens. Hopefully, I won't see these issues again! BTW, I love the Image Quality of the K-5, especially image sharpness!! :-)