Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-5 Dust Removal

Can someone enlighten me on the dust removal system? I have a very visible piece of dust and haven't had any luck getting rid of it with the camera's dust removal function. Perhaps something is wrong with it as I don't hear anything when it runs. I have it set to run on startup. Shouldn't I hear something or at least get rid of that nasty piece of dust?

09-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The dust removal system is normally silent. It works, but it cannot totally remove all dust, particularly stubborn 'stuck' bits of dust, that require either rocket blowing (safe and easy) or professional cleaning.
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Another good idea is to turn on startup dust removal. That should do a pretty good job of preventing stuff from accumulating

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As has been said, the Rocket Blower first (BTW not a cheap copy that has air filter and will send more dust than it removes). After that you can try the Pentax Cleaning kit O-ICK1. I have this but to be honest I never needed it on the K-5. But it's very effective for sticky dust (I used it on a dirty K10D).

09-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Traci Quote
Can someone enlighten me on the dust removal system? I have a very visible piece of dust and haven't had any luck getting rid of it with the camera's dust removal function. Perhaps something is wrong with it as I don't hear anything when it runs. I have it set to run on startup. Shouldn't I hear something or at least get rid of that nasty piece of dust?
Where are you Seeing this visible piece of dust? On your photos or in your Viewfinder?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-camera-articles/121739-those-...ml#post1259109