Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 Warranty Question.

So I bought my K5 from Amazon in August and just bought the extended warranty from Adorama. I have registered my K5 online through the Pentax website. Should I be getting like a confirmation saying they have received it and that my K5 is registered with them? It is just if I ever have to send my K5 into Pentax for some work I don't want them to say the camera had never been registered so it won't be in warranty.

Thanks
Jim

09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
I just had a conversation about the warranty with Pentax representative. You do not have to register your camera for the warranty. All you need is copy of receipt of purchase and/or extended warranty card to be included when shipping camera for warranty repair or cleaning.
BTW the extended warranty includes cleaning and adjustments for free for your camera. But this will work only after your one year purchase warranty will expire.
Hope that you would not get a chance to deal with the warranty and will enjoy your great acamera.
Best regards,
Yuriy
09-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yurko_yr Quote
Hi,
I just had a conversation about the warranty with Pentax representative. You do not have to register your camera for the warranty. All you need is copy of receipt of purchase and/or extended warranty card to be included when shipping camera for warranty repair or cleaning.
BTW the extended warranty includes cleaning and adjustments for free for your camera. But this will work only after your one year purchase warranty will expire.
Hope that you would not get a chance to deal with the warranty and will enjoy your great acamera.
Best regards,
Yuriy
Thanks I appreciate the reply.

Jim