Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Replacement K5 Arrived

Yeah, my new K5 arrived, and so far seems fine. No stains no trouble with LV, in fact when I come out if live view it seems to sound snappier! I think this one is good! Tomorrow I'll take it put for a good spin. Shot about 70 images with liveview, and no freezing!

Last edited by Tony3d; 09-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Just curious... why do you use liveview? that's the one thing I hated about using the GF1 and the D-Lux 4... I prefer a viewfinder.

Glad you got your camera.. hope it is free of all previous issues that have troubled the K5.
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Radcliffe Quote
Just curious... why do you use liveview? that's the one thing I hated about using the GF1 and the D-Lux 4... I prefer a viewfinder.

Glad you got your camera.. hope it is free of all previous issues that have troubled the K5.
I normally use it just for macro shooting, but because I had a problem with the last camera I have been shooting a lot of liveview. The last K5 showed the freezing problem coming out of liveview after just a few shots. So far I've tried over 100 liveview shots, and not one problem. I don't think that will be a problem. There are no stains on a sky shot at f22! Everything else so far seems good. This one was made in early may.
09-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds good! Otis is waiting for the "All Clear" so his Army Squirrel can stand down.......but if necessary, you can trust Otis to be there for you!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

09-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I really feel I'm in good hands with Otis. I understand he has the most respected warranty in the industry!
Can't wait to get out with it tomorrow. Rupert, do you use the lens correction stuff. The cameras much peppier without it.
Also, what color setting are you using natural?
09-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Pentaxian

LV is "da bomb" for any kind of MF tripod work.
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
I really feel I'm in good hands with Otis. I understand he has the most respected warranty in the industry!
Can't wait to get out with it tomorrow. Rupert, do you use the lens correction stuff. The cameras much peppier without it.
Also, what color setting are you using natural?
Lens correction.......no, not really, only a very minor adjustment on the Bigma. Most of the time I find Natural to be the best setting, but have recently found that Muted is best for shots where the main subject is red. Of course, this only applies to Jpegs, either way...and I always shoot Raw+ for safety.
I'm still experimenting and will not settle into a regular routine for some time, I am quite certain. Tav is my most used mode....works fantastic for wildlife and anytime you need quick speed..

Lots to play with on the K5! LV is of little use to me.....and I doubt I will ever shoot any video. Otis wanted to take the K5 over to Sylvia's House of Worldly Pleasures & Billiard Tables last week to shoot some video.......I had to decline......I let him use the K20D over there once........came back all sticky and smelled funny....said it was Mesquite tree resin......not on my K5!

Best Regards!