Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sensor spot success story.

This is a follow up on my "sensor spot" thread from yesterday.I was a little bit intimidated at the thought of cleaning my own sensor on the K5.I equated it like performing open heart surgery.Was I wrong.For $19.95 I got 4 swabs.I looked at the video like suggested and was a able to clean the sensor without any problem.I used a magnifying glass before and after and there were no spots to be seen after the application.The only thing that I did different was to go over the sensor a few times making sure that I got right to the edges of the sensor.The swab is a little smaller than the sensor.Here's a link to the video..--charliezap
Sensor Swab

09-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just a side note.The swabs are already premoistened.You don't have to apply the liquid as the video shows.You can buy a kit with the liquid and dry swabs but that is more money than the $19.95 that I forked out.They are made by the same company.--charliezap
09-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Great news, Charlie.
Congratulations with your success. Swabs are quite efficient.
Best regards,
Yuriy
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yurko_yr Quote
Great news, Charlie.
Congratulations with your success. Swabs are quite efficient.
Best regards,
Yuriy
So far Yuriy it looks like the best 20 bucks spent to fix the problem.---charliezap