Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by an3ony Quote
Hey man,
Glad to see it worked out for you. Great shots!
Thanks. So far so good.

09-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #17

55-300mm, looks great. I have been thinking of replacing my 50-200 with this for a while.
09-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by touch7stone Quote
55-300mm, looks great. I have been thinking of replacing my 50-200 with this for a while.
I have been very happy with it, although I think I'm going to soon buy the 18-135mm. This will become my standard walk about lens.
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by touch7stone Quote
Looking at Tony's shots with the 55-300, I am as impressed as I have been in past viewings of shots with this lens...or even more so. It is one of the best values I see out there, and the range is so good for so many different uses. If I didn't have the Bigma, I would own it for sure...and might anyhow because of its nice small size.
I only had one chance to actually use one, and it was brief, only a few shots, but I found it to be excellent, and fully equal to what I expect out of my Bigma...just a little shorter in the range. I would expect that you would be thrilled with it....I did have the 50-200 at one time and in my brief use of the 55-300 found it to be far better than the 50-200, and that extra 100mm is so handy!
Best Regards!

09-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SlickYamaha Quote
Seeing the grass hopper photo. I want to know where the NSFW part of your thread title is?!

They are also naked!!!!!
09-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Went out again with my new K5. So far so good. I really think this camera is the best all around DSLR on the market today. Must admit I get a bit nerves everytime I turn it on, but I just keep my fingers crossed.
Why? The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Ok then ...

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Why? The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Ok then ...

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
LOL!!
Just because of all the stuff I've read about people having all kinds of things go wrong at around 3000 shots. I'm sure my faith in the K5's reliability will improve over time.
09-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL!!
Just because of all the stuff I've read about people having all kinds of things go wrong at around 3000 shots. I'm sure my faith in the K5's reliability will improve over time.
I can relate to that...with so much negativity it is hard not to get twitchy......justified or not. There have been plenty of problems posted here, justifiably so, but we don't really know how that relates to the overall number of K5s out there. Like Mrs Rupert and that snake I posted, she thinks all snakes are deadly killers, which is just not so...but if you were bitten by one that was, or knew someone that was, her position would be perfectly understandable.

I just turn on my camera and go from there. I worry about lots of things, but my K5 is not really one of them.Of course, I'm just a "for fun" shooter, so there is no life or death involved. If I was a pro I would have two K5s, as it is my K20D is still the workhorse it has always been.

Regards!

09-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #24
Veteran Member

LOL!!
You'll be fine. just concentrate on snapping - I've taken over 52,000 shots with my two K-5s so far in the last few months. They still work fine. if something's goign to go wrong it will. deal with it when it happens - it maybe not happen at all.
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

Since this is your thread....I will post this without harassment I presume.....Otis wanted me to tell you that the Devil Squirrel threw out chicken bones that read "Tony's K5 is a winner", if that helps your confidence any........it sort of gave me the shivers, but it beats that Otis Guarantee!
Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]
09-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Since this is your thread....I will post this without harassment I presume.....Otis wanted me to tell you that the Devil Squirrel threw out chicken bones that read "Tony's K5 is a winner", if that helps your confidence any........it sort of gave me the shivers, but it beats that Otis Guarantee!
Regards!

[/url] [/IMG]
Hilarious! I'll be going out today to Disney World with my K5. I'll post some pics tonight. This should be a good test. If I stay long enough I may try for some night shots.