Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #1

Is Av Shift and/or Tv Shift in TAv Mode possible.

Hi; has anybody ever successfully activated Av Shift or Tv Shift while in TAv mode?

According to the E-Dial-Programming options for TAv Mode, the Green Button can be set to enter either Av Shift or Tv Shift Mode during TAv mode. I tried both of these options, but nothing indicating one of the "Shift" modes mentioned seems to be activated.

The configuration options table in my manual is not exactly clear about this either, as it lists TAv mode and M mode in one table row together.

So - what does the Green Button in TAv Mode actually do? And can it be assigned to something useful for TAv mode?

Thanks for reading!

09-30-2011, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just tried it on my K5; never used it before (I also don't use TAv).

If set to P line, the green button adjusts shutterspeed, aperture and iso. In TvShift it will leave the selected aperture untouched (shifts the shutterspeed) and in AvShift it will leave selected shutterspeed untouched (shifts the aperture).

All three according to a predefined algorithm to achieve correct exposure.

// Edit

To test:
While observing the info in the viewfinder, select f/22 and a crazy shutterspeed like 1/4000 and see how the iso changes.
While still observing the info in the viewfinder, press the green buton and see what changes.
Repeat for all three (four) options.

Last edited by sterretje; 09-30-2011 at 08:16 AM.
09-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This works.

If you direct your camera to a lightsource (when set to Tv) then you see a jump to fast shutter and to smaller aperture when set to Av.

No idea wich one is more favourable, but I use TAv from time to time.
09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks so much! All is understood now.
So it's a "one-button-press"-Shift. I was expecting something similar to the "P-Shift" in Sv mode (which allows changing Av and Tv together). But as the ISO speed is fixed to "Auto" in TAv, there's only one parameter left to be "shifted"; thus a single press of a button will suffice.