Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

K5 - Image won't rotate on LCD

I couldn't get the image to rotate in veiwing mode when camera is tilted 90 degree, shooting mode works fine. And yes, camera is preset correctly. Anyone has the same issue?

10-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yessirree

I was gonna say "yep", but that's too short
10-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Doesn't exist

QuoteOriginally posted by mxlinn Quote
I couldn't get the image to rotate in veiwing mode when camera is tilted 90 degree, shooting mode works fine. And yes, camera is preset correctly. Anyone has the same issue?
I may be wrong but I believe that that feature doesn't exist. It is strange for sure. I think that others have been complaining about it as well. I think that it was present with the K-7, but I don't know for sure. I suppose that it might be addressed in a firmware upgrade, but that hasn't happened as of yet.
10-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

And no matter how many times you try, it won't work. I haven't used the K-7 for almost a year now and I'm still in the habit of doing it even though I've been shooting with the K-5 ever since. It's a hard habit to break. What would have been better is if I didn't have to break the habit and Pentax would have just left that feature in there... but for whatever reason, they removed it, much to the dismay of myself and quite a few others.

10-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep, K-7 does that. I'm waiting for K-3 and hope it would have that feature.
10-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi
There is a Thread here on this forum dealing with this matter, read it from beginning to end and then make up your own mind whether you need it or not.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/126422-image-rotation-k-5-a.html

Greetings
10-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all for the FYI, but still somewhat in disbelieve. What we had on a K7 now just a memory.