Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A good repair story they happen to

With all the issues posted here and some recent repair problems I can offer the other side of the coin for a change. Kudos to McBain's Camera and Pentax Canada.

My K5 had the lens release button fall off while on a photo shoot no less. I managed to use a small screwdriver set to make do the last couple of days. When I got home I sent it in to McBains Camera where I purchased it, they sent it to Pentax Canada with a note that I needed (well wanted I guess do we ever really need a camera?) by 22-Oct-2011. I sent the camera in on 27-Sep-2011 and 15 days later (yesterday) it was back fully repaired and ready for action. Totally unexpected and a very pleasant surprise.

Last edited by daacon; 10-13-2011 at 10:01 AM.
10-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice !
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a great report. Reports of good service are welcome too.
10-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear, in my experience (flash refusing to release on our K-X), the repair was also done within 2-3 weeks.
I suppose we're lucky that CRIS (which is the repair facility across the border in the US) does not do business here

10-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Shanghai : Had full CPU failure (K5), I was told up to 30 days, however just 5 days later I received the call that it had been repaired and was ready for collection (functioned flawlessly ever since).
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #6

I was about to post a "happy with Pentax Canada" thread myself, when I saw this! My K5 was having the freezing issues and battery level indicator issues. Sent to Pentax Canada...they couldn't reproduce the problem......so they are replacing the camera with a new one!
NOTE: they replaced it with a well used one(10000 more shutter actuations than mine)....not so happy anymore

Last edited by mokey; 10-19-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: got the camera back
01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Kudos to Pentax Canada.

Several threads in various forums here describe experiences with Pentax service and repair. This thread, although old, seems fitting for a mention of my recent positive experience with Pentax Canada (and Henry's).

Several weeks ago, I brought my DA* 50-135 in for warranty repair for the usual and well-documented SDM issue ("wake up" required; AF jitter and no AF lock at 135mm; and occasional binding during MF after an AF attempt). The folks at my local Henry's handled the transaction with Pentax Canada. The lens was returned to me only 12 working days later. Service notes: motor was replaced, lens cleaned and adjusted. The AF seems to be in good shape now. I'll post any recurrence of the problem. The service notes did not indicate any other mechanical repair.

Thanks to Pentax Canada and Henry's.

- Craig