Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Which decade?

It is a great camera -- truthfully there hasn't been a Pentax released that I haven't craved after it came out, but I think I could be satisfied with the K5 for a long time.

10-21-2011, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Camera of the Decade? We're still in 2011, right? Give me a freakin' break.
10-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Very nice review.....but i have noticed the author mentioned some 'great magnification for ultrafine focusing' in section where he compares K5 to Sony A850. What is that feature? Never heard of that unless he is speaking about LV, so that keeps me puzzled.

BTW. I think that to name it 'camera of the decade' is bit misleading as it naturally hints that it was compared to all its main competitors - and this wasn't the case here as author says in the review.
10-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vrrattko Quote
the author mentioned some 'great magnification for ultrafine focusing' in section where he compares K5 to Sony A850. What is that feature? Never heard of that unless he is speaking about LV, so that keeps me puzzled.
The A850 has that feature. It seems to be the live view champ.

10-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I have had mine for nearly 12 months. Mine was one of the very early ones (Nov.2010).
With constant use (just on 10,000) it has not missed a beat. Not a single problem of any type.

Camera of the Decade?? Gets my vote, hands down!
+1
Mine was also an early one, and no problems.

Only question is if should replace the K-7 with a 2nd K-5. For my shooting, it is hard to see what else they could offer unless they release a FF.

But clearly, the K-5 would have got a lot more credits had it not been because of the stain issue. On the other hand, both new and second hand prices would now have been higher.
10-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, nicely produced write up, good looking and an easy read!

After spending years of browsing computer enthusiast review sites, it is nice to read something that doesn't seem written while popping wheelies on a skateboard.

A nice addition to the growing mass of K-5 reviews and information.