Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

A focusing screen question that I don' think has been asked...

Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere, but I could not find it in the other, 149 post, focusing screen thread, so …

I have recently upgraded from the GX20 to K5. In my GX20 I have a katzeye which I have loved using, so was intending to get something similar for my K5. I note that there are a lot of options available, but I don’t see that any of them solve the problem I was having with my katzeye: that the exposure metering on slower lenses is thrown way off (yes I can compensate, but it is a pain).

The solution that I would like, but no one seems to make, is this: a focusing screen with 2 split prisms – one to the left of centre and one to right. That way I could rely in spot metering through the middle for slow lenses.

So, my question(s)
1) Does such a focusing screen exist
2) If so, has anyone tried them, are they practical
3) Is there another split prism focusing screen (with micro prisms) that will mess with my metering less?
Failing that, what’s the next best option?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kester

10-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

The best option is center weighted metering. Spot metering isn't really all that necessary most of the time anyway.