Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #1

Where can I buy the SMC PENTAX F AF 1.7X Teleconverter in the US ?

Hi, I've been looking for a Pentax Teleconverter and I found in eBay some that come from China, is there a way to buy it from a trusted source like B&H or Adorama ?, I am talking about the SMC PENTAX F AF 1.7X TELECONVERTER, it seems it's discontinued from Pentax USA ?, thanks

10-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been told that it cannot be sold in the US or Europe because it contains materials that are not permitted. I do not have any idea if that is the truth, just what I was told at the camera shop. I am also told that the ones seen for sale are new, being produced currently in small volume. Again, I do not know if that is true or if what we see for sale are just "new, old stock".

As far as I can tell it is only available on ebay from over seas sellers or occasionally used from sellers in the US or Europe. I just missed one last week that went for $380. That is the best price I have seen. There are 4 or 5 for sale there right now.
10-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

I suggest that you consider posting a Wanted at the PF marketplace. Twice I was looking for a rare lens and twice I received some interesting offers in each case after posting at Wanted. (And I bought each lens from PF members and I am very happy with both.)

Beware however that the Pentax F AF 1.7X Teleconverter is in high demand and the prices are high (really, see post by Jatrax).

Further, when using a online marketplace like PF marketplace, do ask all questions in advance, incl. who pays the shipping fees and PayPal fees. Better be careful than sorry....

Hope that the comment will help.
10-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Definitely be checking the marketplace for it- you can sign up to receive an e-mail when one becomes available by using the controls found at the top of the main marketplace index!

AFAIK the converter has been out of production for a while, so you can't buy it from retailers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #5

You can purchase from Amazon Japan - New. But the high Yen exchange rate might not make it that attractive

Do a search under HOYA F AF Adapter 1.7XF AF Adapter. But they do not sent overseas. You might need help from a Japanese friend or goods forwarding service.
10-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

The adapter is indeed available in Japan. I purchased my 1.7 AF adapter during one of my visits to Japan from Yodobashi. My one is marked "assembled in Vietnam".
You may be able to order from here:

Google Translate

and use a goods forwarding service. (Google for it.)

However they are in such high demand they are getting more expensive by the day.

Greetings