Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, under a $1,000 is a crazy price for what you are getting. I don't think the K5's direct competitors prices have dropped. If it is still selling well why would the price drop so dramtically unless something new was on the hoirzon?

11-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enjoy

Vagrant10 great to hear you purchased the K5 and have received it. I am sure you will love it. Price means nothing now. Just enjoy your purchase and get as much fun/satisfaction out of it as you can. You will be amazed at the low light shots you will be able to take. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. Take care

Regards

Michael J.
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Yeah, under a $1,000 is a crazy price for what you are getting. I don't think the K5's direct competitors prices have dropped. If it is still selling well why would the price drop so dramtically unless something new was on the hoirzon?

Yea, that's my point. The price dropped fast. I'm hoping that it IS something on the horizon.
11-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Eddie1960, I noticed that the downtown camera price has stayed the same since Henry's initially dropped the price to 999 during the photo-video expo. At this price point, it is very tempting for me in deed since it would be nice to add the k-5 and my k-7 will become a backup. I have no doubt that the recent price drop has put the k-5 into the hands of many new buyers, but not sure if they are mostly upgrading like me or switching from other brands...
I'm one of those new buyers for the K-5. I didn't know anything about a photo-video expo, but the $999 price at Henry's and a sale price on the 18-135 lens got me to jump in. My first DSLR, but I'm a previous Pentax owner getting back into photography. The sub-$1000 price was definitely a psychological barrier (even if it was just for the body).

11-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #20

Another K5 buyer, new to DSLR, Pentax won out. Spent a lot of time, looked into the T3i, the 60D, the 7D and Alpha 65 and 77. The K5 had it together. Its been a challenge though, wifey spazzed out and cancelled the 1st order and said nothing over $1k. So it took a bit and the Buy.come $1039 and 7% back Rakuten points got it done through prodigital200. Has a 1 yr international warranty or if a problem in the 2nd yr send it back to them and they will take care of it through Pentax Canada. I bought with Amex so got the warranty doubled already, Am good for 2 yrs. Going to be a bit of a wait til the K5 shoes up Monday!!!!!