Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #1

Is the Mack Extended Warranty reliable ?

I am planning to buy the 7 years Mack Extended Warranty for the Pentax 16-50, 50-135 and 60-250. At Adorama they told me I can buy the same for all three lenses, see attached link:

1017 Mack 7 Year Warranty for Lenses Valued $600.00 to $1000.00.

Any previous experience with the extended warranty ?, is it good, meaning they will pay for the full repair in case of problems with the SDM system, for example ?, it seems like too cheap for me if I compare it with the extended warranty that B&H sells.

Thanks for your feedback,

Bernard

11-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I have heard tons of negative comments about *ALL* third-party extended warranties when the time came to actually get a repair. As far as Mack, they are the only one I've heard positive comments about as well (to go with the usual negative ones), so in that sense they are recommended I guess.
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Discussed in past:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/131551-mack-ex...arranties.html
11-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by brosen Quote
I am planning to buy the 7 years Mack Extended Warranty for the Pentax 16-50, 50-135 and 60-250. At Adorama they told me I can buy the same for all three lenses, see attached link:

Any previous experience with the extended warranty ?, is it good, meaning they will pay for the full repair in case of problems with the SDM system
You can visit Mack Camera & Video Service | Worldwide Extended Service Contracts for more in-depth details on their individual programs, and it is also worth you taking a note of the contact details of Desiree, the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack; she can answer any specific questions regarding the warranties and can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com

11-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #5

Any previous experience with the extended warranty ?, is it good, meaning they will pay for the full repair in case of problems with the SDM system, for example ?, it seems like too cheap for me if I compare it with the extended warranty that B&H sells.

Bernard
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera. Our standard warranty is an extension of the manufacturer's warranty. Our diamond warranties cover any repair except if the unit was lost, stolen, or in a fire. As Helen stated, if you have additional questions that cannot be found on our website you can email me directly at helpdesk@mackcam.com. Thank you for your interest in Mack Camera extended warranties.
11-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
You can visit Mack Camera & Video Service | Worldwide Extended Service Contracts for more in-depth details on their individual programs, and it is also worth you taking a note of the contact details of Desiree, the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack; she can answer any specific questions regarding the warranties and can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com
Thanks Helen!
10-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Reviving this thread, say I would like to buy an item with a 7 year transferable warranty from a local seller (US) What do I need to consider before buying the item? Assuming I will be using the item where I am now (Philippines)

Thank you.
09-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #8

Bernard
I have been victimized by Mack warranty on something besides a camera. I have been waiting over a week for them to honor their warranty.

09-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
Different experience on mine, I sent my lens last July for SDM repair, it;s been sitting on thier repair department for almost 2 months waiting for parts until I called them. They sent the lens now on a Pentax service center and now I'm counting weeks again for any waiting and waiting for my precious lens to come back to me in one piece.