Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Plus 1 hour time stamp for Movies?

My K-5 (running firmware version 1.11) time stamps movie files 1 hour ahead of the cameras clock (and so all still frames). Is this something to do with settings, or has anyone else experienced this error/fault? I suspected this might be related to Daylight savings time but after looking in the settings I don't think so. Any help or ideas would be great.
Thanks

11-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do own a K200D, where I can set a "home" and a "world" time, and seperately for each of these DST "on" or "off". And I can set the time to be used to either "home" or "world". So, if the K5 does offer the same possibilities, you have to do 5 settings. Have a look to all of them, maybe you'll find a mistake.

EDIT: In the german manual, you have to add information given on 3 different sections of the manual, and they don't really explain why to do things one way or another.

Last edited by RKKS08; 11-05-2011 at 11:43 AM.
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts.
I know the home and travel settings you refer to. I have checked these and neither have DST selected. This was my first suspicion when I spotted the problem. The strange thing about my fault is that for a still image and a movie taken only seconds apart they are time stamped an hour different..... Would the camera ever have different settings (that apply to time) for movies vs still images? This is why I suspect it's a fault.
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are you using Lightroom? For me, movies rarely come through with the correct time. Exif data, for what it is, looks right but Lightroom sets them with dates that are off by months or even years. Usually a few days or weeks.

I have the same problem importing the movies using iMovie, so I'm leaning towards it being a Pentax file format issue than being an issue with both Lightroom and iMovie.

11-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So you have to wait till hopefully a K5 owner finds this thread. The K200D doesn't offer movie mode. Good luck.