Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use TAv quite regularly with the K5 (even with the K7 once in a while).

This flashing ISO "setting" depends on how you adusted it in the first place: if I chose ISO 3200 as the upper limit and I end up taking pics in a situation where the light is very dim, it will flash, warning me that it just won't cut it.
Either I will have to adjust the shutter speed or the aperture, or both to get a decent exposure.

Dosdan, post no.: 43 above explains this well enough.

Now to the "auto Ev" setting: I had no idea that this would actually work almost as a "Green Button" when set "ON".
Actually, I had no idea at all about this setting. I gather now that it will work in Av and Tv modes only but not with TAv.
vonBaloney also explains (post no.: 41), in simpler terms, how this works. Thanks for that!

Reading this thread has me now revisiting the many K5 functions which I have never taken the time to explore.

Good thread!

JP

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, ev, exposure, iso, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, mode, pentax k-5, tav, tav mode