Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Dived in...

Hi folks...

Just sharing that I purchased the K-5 today and the Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4 ED AL (IF) to go with it. If any of you want to comment on that lens, I would appreciate it. I am hoping to do well handling that glass and add to my fine art landscapes.

Jason Randolph's Photos | SmugMug

I am moving up from the K200D. Hope that I really enjoy the difference. Has anyone else made a similar jump?

I am inquiring about the value of a K200D body in very good condition. I took about 10,000 frames with this one, and just looking for a general idea. If it's not worth a pretty substantial used market amount, I might just gift it to my father.

Take care everyone...

Jason

11-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi alderfall,
I saw your post in my thread so I decided to read yours Do you like 12-24? I might get wide angle lens too, but looks like Sigma 10-20mm is a better deal (correct me if I am wrong). Otherwise, hope you got fully functional camera without faults!
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just made the jump to the k5 a couple weeks ago also and so far it's been fantastic. Hope you have the same experience there.

As for the 12-24, I've had mine for a few years. In most cases, it's always with me and is probably my most used lens. I find it's plenty sharp, has great color and allows me to use graduated neutral density filters since the glass does not protrude past the threads. My only beef is the size of the shade - it's a little large to carry in my usually over stuffed bags.

Good luck with your purchase and hope Oregon's weather stays dry for a while longer!
11-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, that makes 3 of us that bought a K-5 today.
Mine (body only) should arrive on Friday. I just finished reading the manual and I cannot wait to start using it.
I am upgrading from a K-x.

Good luck and have fun!

Ray

11-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 12-24 is one of my favorite lenses. Hi IQ, very useful range, and wider than the 15 Limited.