Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
My appologies to one and all, but I'm so excited! G/f has just agreed that I can now finally get a K5 with 18-55WR and a second hand 55-300. So on monday it's place the order, and I'll have it a day or two later. With the £90 cashback it's a great price now. Yeahhhh, 12 months of waiting is finally over

I've loved my Fuji s100fs and do realise the K5 is going to be one heck of a learning curve, but just cant wait.

Woody
Congrats. I'm still trying to get my wife to agree. (Once you get it, post a picture of your pants. Because clearly, you wear the pants in your household. LOL)

11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
Congrats. I'm still trying to get my wife to agree. (Once you get it, post a picture of your pants. Because clearly, you wear the pants in your household. LOL)
You must be ruddy joking. do you know WHAT I had to do to get it??????????

Was vaguely hoping it would be here for the weekend, but sadly more like Tues / Weds now. However the GF actually suggested she would feel happier if I bought a new 55-300 rather than secondhand one, and shes going to pay the difference as a Chrimbo pressie so I'm a very lucky boy! Hopefully that will arrive about the same time. Real pain is that I'm working next weekend, so I wont get chance to paly with it much for a couple of weeks.

Woody
11-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #18
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got it today. Yay!.

But wait ...what is that sound like something is moving inside, when I tilt camera from left to rght, like when shooting vertically?
It sound slike something is moving(sliding) inside. Is it normal? It is quite a bit stronger then in Kx....

Is it because shake reduction is better in K5 ?
11-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most likely normal.
Could be them extra megapixel`s making it sound heavier..
edit,
This is terrible, you all making me paranoid. Just compared K7 and K5. 7 does not do it,the 5 does make the noise.
Wait, I think I figured it out. The noise must be from the sensor doing it`s horizon correction routine. My best guess.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-18-2011 at 03:58 PM.
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Most likely normal.
Could be them extra megapixel`s making it sound heavier..
edit,
This is terrible, you all making me paranoid. Just compared K7 and K5. 7 does not do it,the 5 does make the noise.
Wait, I think I figured it out. The noise must be from the sensor doing it`s horizon correction routine. My best guess.
Don't panic! This IS NORMAL. I found the special note about sound with the new shake reduction in the manual on the page 17.

Absolutely happy. Not even afraid to die anymore Completely worth it!
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I must becoming a deaf old fart as I was getting worried that I could not hear the noise everyone talks about. I only hear it if I make the point of holding the camera near my ear and rolling it back and forth.
11-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mychael Quote
I must becoming a deaf old fart as I was getting worried that I could not hear the noise everyone talks about. I only hear it if I make the point of holding the camera near my ear and rolling it back and forth.
Well, that is the only way I can hear it. Hehe....

11-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by borysr Quote
Don't panic! This IS NORMAL. I found the special note about sound with the new shake reduction in the manual on the page 17.

Absolutely happy. Not even afraid to die anymore Completely worth it!
Without a doubt.
"I found the special note about sound with the new shake reduction in the manual on the page 17. ".
You actually read the BOOK, good for you.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-18-2011 at 06:04 PM.
11-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I finally talked my wife into it also will be ordering mine the week after Thanksgiving. This will be my third Pentax in the last 2 years started with the K2000(now my oldest daughters) then the K-x (soon to be oldest daughters K2000 will go to my youngest) now the K-5 hopefully I will not get the upgrade bug for a while this is getting expensive plus the LBA is getting out of hand keep justifying by telling myself we can all use them.