Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Bibble 5 Pro is missing in the lineup so I thought I add it here.

Picture No. 1 is the result of Bibble default setting.
Picture No. 2, Bibble has taken out a license with "Perfectly clear" and has this plugin included. This is the result when applying this plugin by merely clicking on the tick box.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 06-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
12-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
Pentax DCU4 v4.34

SilkyPix 5.0.10.1

Both on program defaults - WB, contrast etc 'as shot'. Output from each to 1280x848 JPEG, no additional sharpening.

RT is very good, the interface needs simplifying though - there are too many tweak options at the moment. It is also not all that stable at times.
Great thanks for adding those!

Yes, and that is the one downside to open source software.
I've been lucky with this development branch of v4 under x64. Though I'm reading that the stable version has been pretty good too. It's just too bad that the Mac version isn't doing so well.

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
I'm not sure why the Mac version should differ, but as the old saying goes, YMMV. In a personal communication, one of the RT developers told me that it is not ready for prime time.

Rob
Yea, it sucks.
Have you considered running it under a Windows VM?

PS
. any chance you could post a neutral RPP TIFF?

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

Bibble 5 Pro is missing in the lineup so I thought I add it here.

Picture No. 1 is the result of Bibble default setting.
Picture No. 2, Bibble has taken out a license with "Perfectly clear" and has this plugin included. This is the result when applying this plugin by merely clicking on the tick box.

Greetings
Excellent!
I completely forgot about that one.

Oh and I really like Perfectly Clear.
I often use it to correct blue and green channel color fidelity which it seems to do exquisitely.

I think I'm going to redo this case study with 1:1 samples and various focus points(color, demosaic detail and grain quality) and I'll add Bibble Pro, SilkyPix and hopefully PPP as well. Though I knows it is "almost" completely redundant to venture passed the advantages of the basic demosaic process, though I'm hoping this could help others realize where RAW developers stand as far as fundamental image rendering goes.

Last edited by JohnBee; 12-08-2011 at 06:15 AM.
12-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Oh and I really like Perfectly Clear. I often use it to correct blue and green channel color fidelity which PC does exquisitely.
In this example here where the test image is near perfect to start with Perfectly Clear does not make a lot, if any, difference. With images that are marginally off Perfectly Clear can give you a one click correction that is very acceptable.

Greetings
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I just wanted to update this thread to say that I discovered that my Default Raw Therapee profile was actually edited to include contrast sharpening. I wasn't aware of this when I ran my comparisons but it isn't fair to leave that out considering all of the other developers were rendered without sharpening and adjustments beyond that of auto Ev adjustments.

Anyways I've been working on a more conclusive RAW comparison including the missing candidates mentioned by kh1234567890 and Schraubstock and I'll make sure RT is adjusted accordingly in the process.

12-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
In this example here where the test image is near perfect to start with Perfectly Clear does not make a lot, if any, difference.
Really? It looks like a very large difference to me; the second image appears much more detailed to me. Anyway, I'm impressed.
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #51

I am starting to really like Bibble 5 but could someone tell me how to use the crop tool, when I select the area to crop for the life of me I can't work out how to save the cropped photo.
12-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ross Quote
I am starting to really like Bibble 5 but could someone tell me how to use the crop tool, when I select the area to crop for the life of me I can't work out how to save the cropped photo.
I haven't tried Bibble but I would expect that it lets you export the image to the format of your choice in order to save any changes. Look under the file menu and see if there's an Export command.

12-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oloneo conversion

Hi
One more to add to the list.
I use OLONEO PhotoEngine a lot for image manipulation and now also started to convert DNG images with it. I find the output stunning. While OLONEO is not a dedicated RAW converter it works exceptionally well for converting RAW images. Once the DNG file is open all the tools to correct an image are provided and when done the image can be exported or saved but only in either JPG or TIF (the main contenders anyway.)

The attached sample is OLONEO's default output.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 06-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ross Quote
Do your crop, then save. It saves the cropped image. I've found with Bibble that I have to stop thinking so much Things just seem to work.