Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Avalanche of new K-5 users including .....me!

I have waited it out with my K20D all this time. I bought the K20D as one of the last ones of the shelves when its price had come down, didn't want to wait until the very last minute this time. There's a 100 cashback from Pentax BeNeLux on either the Q or the K-5 and the shop price had gone down to 819 so I pulled the trigger.

Picked it up day before yesterday. First things first, it definitely feels familiar and belies its form factor. I expected to miss the reassuring bulk of my K20D/DBG2 combo but until now, I don't.

The 'buttonology' is slightly different but the functions are similar so I'll pick it up pretty quick. High ISO? With the foggy consitions we're having now I've only been able to shoot ...ahem...fog but very nice fog at that with ISO3200 and ISO6400. Wonderful grainless, spotless, noisefree fog indeed! Extremely exciting pictures of greyish swirls, and the composition is something else again...exquisite!

I am a very happy camper indeed!

11-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Looks like the price has finally hit a sweet spot for the K-5.
Congratulations!
11-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations Mikey. You are going to love that camera with a passion.

When I found the K5 had hit US$920 here last week I couldn't resist and bought another (I had sold my K7 a few months ago anyway and was just waiting for the price to drop before adding a 'back-up') !
11-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations, I did just the same a few days ago. Only I waited out with my K10D. Loving my K5 a lot so far..

11-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats- I don't see how anyone could cling on to the k10/20 for more than a few months knowing the k5 is out.
11-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Just ordered my K5

Should have it my hands by Tuesday!!
11-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats- I don't see how anyone could cling on to the k10/20 for more than a few months knowing the k5 is out.
Well, my K20 still takes the exact same quality of pictures it did a few years ago - maybe even better ones, if I have learned anything in that time. Honestly, I prefer many of the shots I took with my K100 to the ones I took with the K-X I had for a while. We live in a "have to have it" world, but the idea that everyone has to have the newest and best thing is an illusion, an illusion that participating in these forums makes ever stronger, but no more real. My k20 is a better camera than is owned by anyone I know in the real world, never mind my lenses. So yeah, I can cling for a while longer. I probably will pick up a K5 when everyone has moved on to the K3 or whatever comes next.