Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K5 extended warranty at non mainstream retailers

I'm on the cusp of purchasing a new K5. Given the various QC issues, I was planning on adding the warranty extension (to total of 3 years), available through Adorama and B/H for a fairly nominal fee. However, I've seen better prices for a new K5 at retailers other than these two stand-bys, for example at various stores on Amazon and Ebay. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with any of the Amazon- or Ebay-based retailers. Are they reliable? Do they offer extra warranty? I'd like to get the best price, but a bit hesitant to go away from Adorama or B/H given their reliability and customer service. Would be interested to hear about any else's experiences doing so.

Thanks,
Brandon

11-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #2

I'm in the UK, I cannot comment on the particularAmazon/ebay retailers except to say that the only way I would buy from them is if they also had a very reputable retail business.

However. over here the Pentax Premium/Pro dealers offer a two year instead of one year warrenty. But my very small local independent Pentax dealer was considerably cheaper for the K5 I'm getting next week, than the pro centres etc. So I spoke to Ivan who runs it and said I was worried about the extra year they can offer, so he has offered to honour a two year period for me as well for no additional cost. He is a well respected local business and I now respect him even more for the offer. It might be worth shopping around a bit?? that said, I know B&H over there are extremely well respected, so it might be worth paying that little extra to get that premium service.

Woody