Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Canada-great service

You already know the bad news, because if I had to go to Pentax Canada something was wrong with my K-5.
The front e-dial was missing beats, and I had tried all the suggestions posted at . It would click once or twice properly, then need 10 clicks to change again, then bounced back to beginning setting.

Returned my K-5 to Broadway Camera on October 28th. Back from Pentax Canada on November 14. Two weeks! The e-dial works fine, and checked firmware, etc., and then the surprise!

My K-5 was from the period of those with sensor problems, but I have been checking about every 2 months to make sure it was okay, and with no problems.

However, when they serviced my camera, they replaced the sensor, just so there wouldn't be a problem down the road. Not exactly happy that I had the e-dial problem, but greatly impressed with the speed and service.

Now for more shooting - love the camera.

11-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's definitely a nice turnaround time- interesting that they decided to replace the sensor though, maybe they found something wrong with it upon inspection.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, could be. The service note to Broadway Camera said that it was because of the production date, but that could mean they checked it because of the date, and discovered something I hadn't seen in any photos. Anyway, I'm happy.