Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #1

Just ordered my K-5!

I'm just so excited! I'm coming from a K10d, my first SLR. I happen to work at a major European electronics retailer, so I'm getting it with a discount for being an employer. And then there's another promotional sale stacked on top of that, so I'll be paying around 550. Sweet
Should be arriving within a week or two, if all is good.

11-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lauke_101 Quote
around 550. Sweet
Can you also get discounts for your friends who live in France? What you don't remember me???
Seriously, good for you!
11-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Congrats. You will be amazed with what it can do.

Dennis
11-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

No replies?

Must be jealousy!

11-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want to say that you are in for a real treat, and a surprise like you can't imagine. One of the finest cameras in the world and so capable of delivering high quality images with the greatest of ease....but if I do someone will accuse me of being a Fanboy and lodge a complaint. Imagine that!

Get excited, it is going to stun you! Congratulations!

Best Regards!
11-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I just pulled the trigger last week too due to the cashback here in the Netherlands. Have had it in my hands for about 3 days now and I'm in love, I think!

So congratulations and don't forget to join us over at Pentaxforum.nl the Dutch language Pentaxian hideout, you'll love it there!
11-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lauke_101 Quote
I'm just so excited! I'm coming from a K10d, my first SLR. I happen to work at a major European electronics retailer, so I'm getting it with a discount for being an employer. And then there's another promotional sale stacked on top of that, so I'll be paying around 550. Sweet
Should be arriving within a week or two, if all is good.
Wow, congrats! What is the current price without any discount?
11-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Wow, congrats! What is the current price without any discount?
Around 810 so he did well!

11-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Lauke_101, congratulations and enjoy.

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
... don't forget to join us over at Pentaxforum.nl the Dutch language Pentaxian hideout, you'll love it there!
That's a new one for me; Pentaxian.BE/NL, het beste dSLR/MILC Pentaxforum - Forumindex is another one Two dedicated forums in such a small country.

"Waar een klein land groot in kan zijn"
11-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Around 810 so he did well!
Wow, 32% discount on this amazing camera!
11-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Lauke_101, congratulations and enjoy.

That's a new one for me; Pentaxian.BE/NL, het beste dSLR/MILC Pentaxforum - Forumindex is another one Two dedicated forums in such a small country.

Yes, I think the one you mention was started by a few disgruntled members of pentaxforum.nl and it too is a nice forum but has more stringent rules (obligation to post or lose your login privileges etc.). Both serve a dedicated community and the user population does have a slight overlap with some members posting in both.
11-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote

Well as with a lot of things in the Netherlands we have two of them. When more the three people are interested in something we have enough members to start two different groups.
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well as with a lot of things in the Netherlands we have two of them. When more the three people are interested in something we have enough members to start two different groups.
I think Ron hit the nail on the head right there. We are a teensy-weensy nation of not more than 17 million people but we have over 25 political parties and 1.1 bicycle per head of the population. We will usually wag our index finger at anyone and tell them how things should really be done but we sometimes lack the insight in what's going wrong in our own country. We're tightly woven into- and extremely dependent on- the European Union yet fiercely loyal to our Queen and "Dutch ways". We say we have the best soccer players in the world yet we lose every single championship around, coming in as the eternal runner-up.

No wonder we have two Pentax forums!
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That sounds like a great deal- congratulations!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Veteran Member

We say we have the best soccer players in the world yet we lose every single championship around, coming in as the eternal runner-up.
That was my fault. Want your team to win? Ask me to support the opposition and definitely not to support your team

Joop Zoetemelk (also eternal runner-up) by the way, did eventually manage to win the Tour de France, so there is hope for the Dutch soccer team