Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Delighted to hear it! I've copied your posting over to Adam, our fab warehouse manager.

BTW, wondering if you know about Adorama's new 'click-by-7' ship guarantee? Orders for in-stock items placed on business days up to 7:00 PM ET (Eastern Time) are generally shipped the same day (subject to ID verification). Weekend orders, placed on Fridays after 1:00 PM ET will be processed on Monday.
Mine was shipped by 7pm and should arrive tomorrow. For $0 shipping that is FAST. Thanks Adorama!

11-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Delighted to hear it! I've copied your posting over to Adam, our fab warehouse manager.

BTW, wondering if you know about Adorama's new 'click-by-7' ship guarantee? Orders for in-stock items placed on business days up to 7:00 PM ET (Eastern Time) are generally shipped the same day (subject to ID verification). Weekend orders, placed on Fridays after 1:00 PM ET will be processed on Monday.
I ordered from Adorama ~6pm ET yesterday, but like a doofus reversed my shipping and billing addresses. Mark was very helpful in straightening it out, so I guess it will be on it's way today.

Can't wait!
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by wzdevito Quote
I ordered from Adorama ~6pm ET yesterday, but like a doofus reversed my shipping and billing addresses. Mark was very helpful in straightening it out,
Good to hear - I've made sure that Mark's manager is aware!
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I bit, but missed B&H as they bowed out earlier than I'd expected. I went with Amazon via the link here. The seller is actually part of Amazon Marketplace, billed through Amazon. I can find virtually nothing on Sunset Electronics outside of Amazon feedback. Should I be nervous?

Last edited by c a sugg; 11-29-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: grammar
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I was very, very tempted to upgrade from my K100, but everybody on the forum convinced me that just looking at a K-5 will cause it to fall apart, so I decided to hold out for the 2 for $1199 special. That way I can actually have one working K-5 at any given time.

Paul
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
I was very, very tempted to upgrade from my K100, but everybody on the forum convinced me that just looking at a K-5 will cause it to fall apart, so I decided to hold out for the 2 for $1199 special. That way I can actually have one working K-5 at any given time.

Paul
That's why I seldom if ever even poke my head into the K-5 subforum.
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
Forum Member

I bit the bullet as well. Got it delivered tonight from Adorama Upgrading from K100D, so it's a huge step up.

11-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #23

I was too busy auditioning other subpar cameras and didn't find out about the deal until today. Then, I was excited to see that B & H was still doing it today. Crestfallen again when I went to their site and was greeted with the "same old" price. I'll just wait it out until another $999 sale. I considered buying it through Amazon where some creepy-looking company called Sunset Electronics still has it for $999. I'll wait until a proper camera shop in the states has one at that magic price point again.

11-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JacekPSUr1 Quote
I bit the bullet as well. Got it delivered tonight from Adorama Upgrading from K100D, so it's a huge step up.

I was going to do an unboxing (also upgraded from a K100DS), but I wanted to get my hands on it to play with.