Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #1

Green button error

I have listed is as an error, but perhaps it is just o be expected behavior. My manual states several times that pushing the green button should return all functions to default. I have found that both the +/- and the ISO functions (when changed by using the buttons on top of the camera) don't react to a simple green button push. Thus it might happen I am in P mode, Change ISO with the ISO button and the wheel, Then change aperture and/or time, then decide it might need a bit of extra time and adjust the +/- using the button and wheel for that. When I want to return to P I once have to push the green button (this returns aperture and/or time to P) then push the ISO button AND the green button (This returns the ISO to the P value) and then push the +/- button AND the green button (this returns the +/- to its P value). I find this very counter intuitive, just switching the camera off and on again goes faster. Even the manual states pushing the P button should be enough for all changes to be annulled. I have updated to the newest (1.11) firmware. Any thoughts on this?

11-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It works that way on my camera. I will check the manual, but it makes sense. P mode wants to give you the proper exposure so if you change the aperture it changes the shutter speed, if you change both it changes the iso. Changing the exposure comp or ISO tells the camera you intend to over /under expose the picture or want to keep a certain ISO for its IQ The green button will not automatically reset that setting unless you explicitly go to that mode and reset it.
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's not counter intuitive in my opinion. I want to be able to reset individual settings, not all settings in one go. And the green button does exactly that, so I'm a happy shooter and I don't consider it an error

If I read e.g. page 119 of the manual, I can (partially) see where you're confusion comes from; consider the manual wrong (or incomplete, it should state ev + green, same as ev + rear dial). The authors probably assume that it is obvious that one has to press ev + green