Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #1

Zooming and focusing in Live View

I'm playing with my new K-5 (which is a huge leap from K-m/K2000) and I have some questions about Live View usage and possible customization.

When the camera focuses in Live View it zooms quickly into the selected area, it locks, and then it immediately goes back to 100%. Is there a way to prolong the time it stays in full zoom, possibly long enough so that you could do small adjustments with quick-shift focus lens?

Also, I've noticed that when the shutter button is half-pressed, you cannot zoom in or zoom out any more, since INFO button (as well as other buttons) are not functioning.

However, my ideal camera usage would be to keep maximal zoom in Live View as long as I'm keeping the shutter button half-pressed, (optionally adjust focus manually), and then if I wanted to zoom out completely (e.g. to recompose image) I would additionally press some button with my thumb (such as INFO button, or even better, the green button) still keeping the shutter half-pressed, and finally I would fully depress the shutter button.

The only way I can achieve something similar is to first press AF button to focus, then press INFO button a few times to achieve full zoom (or first zoom and then press AF), then adjust focus manually (if necessary), than press INFO button to zoom out completely, then depress shutter button (which I had previously disabled from focusing).

Any advice on more efficient usage than this? Thx!

12-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Press the info-button to zoom in on the screen. See that you found that, well then there is no easy way I think.
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
I've discovered that when you press info button just once, the scroll wheel stops changing aperture and starts zooming in/out.
However, it cannot not zoom out completely (2x is the minimum zoom).