Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The worst possible thing happened!

My K-5 was scheduled to be delivered today. I was really excited to be able to play with it this weekend, and get some shots of my daughter at the petting zoo. Then I checked the updated status on UPS and it said "Mechanical Failure". So a mechanical failure 50 miles from my house, yesterday, kept them from delivering my package today. I call BS! This is a first world problem of the first order!

12-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Booo! That inhales greatly. Love the K-5.
12-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear about it. I can empathize because mine was scheduled for Wednesday and I waited around at the office thinking they were running late due to CyberMonday. At 8:30pm that evening I get an update that says something about failing to put it on the truck! It got delivered yesterday around 3:30 and its great. Keep your chin up, UPS will eventually deliver it.
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

UPS man dropped a package at my door at 9:12 pm the other night. Scared the dogs to death. Nothing camera-related though, unfortunately.

12-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I thing this is not related to the K-5
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I thing this is not related to the K-5
If it was your K5 sitting on a broken down truck just down the road, it would be related, believe me!
Regards!
12-03-2011, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So there is another thing that has gone wrong with the K-5! That should bring out the naysayers! (Fault number #123 (?) causes delivery trucks to break down)

12-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
So there is another thing that has gone wrong with the K-5! That should bring out the naysayers! (Fault number #123 (?) causes delivery trucks to break down)
I ordered mine Monday, got it Tuesday and I just used regular shipping. There have been occasions where I paid for next day delivery and got my stuff in two weeks. Go figure!
12-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
Banned

So you have a very nice life, when this is the worst thing to happen to up till today
12-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I ordered mine Monday, got it Tuesday and I just used regular shipping. There have been occasions where I paid for next day delivery and got my stuff in two weeks. Go figure!
POPULAR MECHANICS magazine did a test a few months ago, with a data-recording system in a package that was repeatedly shipped by the major USA carriers. The accelerometer tracked impacts and movements. The results: USPS flips-over packages more often, but UPS and FedEx drop(kick) packages more -- more high-acceleration impact spikes. I wonder if OP's UPS delivery truck "mechanical failure" was a result of the truck being whacked or rolled or otherwise munged?
12-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I am on the opposite side of the country from Adorama. Friday was the best I could expect for free shipping. For Adorama's part they shipped the same day. I am very pleased with them. UPS needs to step up and meet their commitments.
12-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So you have a very nice life, when this is the worst thing to happen to up till today
Well maybe not the worst. I do have to see my stepmother on the holidays.
12-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
My K-5 was scheduled to be delivered today. I was really excited to be able to play with it this weekend, and get some shots of my daughter at the petting zoo. Then I checked the updated status on UPS and it said "Mechanical Failure". So a mechanical failure 50 miles from my house, yesterday, kept them from delivering my package today. I call BS! This is a first world problem of the first order!
LOL! And I bet that the K20d and K-r in your sig will refuse to work properly, knowing that they are about to be replaced!

Look at it this way, maybe now you'll enjoy the zoo instead of enjoying your new camera at the zoo. Those are similar but different things
12-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
LOL! And I bet that the K20d and K-r in your sig will refuse to work properly, knowing that they are about to be replaced!

Look at it this way, maybe now you'll enjoy the zoo instead of enjoying your new camera at the zoo. Those are similar but different things
The K-r is at CRIS for FF adjustment. The K20D is great, but the plan was to see how much greater the K-5 is. Like I said, first world problems.
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
Pentaxian

I have an advantage living in NY state as anything I order from Adorama or B&H will arrive the next day or second day with regular ground shipment from UPS or Fed-X or even the US mail for that matter. The down side is I get nailed for sales tax, which was $72 for the K5 and a filter.