Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-5 Service Story - A Happy One -Lens Release Button

Hi folks- I don't post too often but here is a good one.
I recently had to send my K-5 away for warranty service due to a missing lens release button. It just wasn't there one day when I went to change lenses.
Anyway, after the required grumbling and cussin' about it I took it in to Henry's in Sudbury ON and the friendly helpful staff agreed to ship it away for me to Pentax Service. They told me however that it would likely take about SIX WEEKS. Sent it anyway and as luck would have it it was back in about 17 days. Hoo Rah.
More good news. The electronic level was not properly calibrated and a bit of a nuisance but they fixed that too even though I forgot to mention it.
My only complaint is that it came back completely reconfigured to the default values which initially is a pain in the rump as I had changed many but in the end I will be that much more familiar with my much loved K-5.
So there you have it; a happy service story. To Henrys camera in Sudbury thanks and Merry Christmas and Thanks and Merry Christmas to the Pentax Service department too.

John

12-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi John,

It's good to hear a good news story. Everyone is so quick to recount bad experiences but the good ones are just as important.

Cheers
Col
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice to hear. I sent mine in to Pentax USA about a month ago and I've got my fingers crossed that the camera returns before Christmas.
12-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good news, John! Like mine - got it back in 17 days, with e-dial fixed and a new sensor.

12-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good news indeed. It's nice to hear a positive CS experience.
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
Pentaxian

My button repair experience:

I shipped mine to CRIS on November 12, got it back on December 15. About 5 weeks total, which isn't terrible.

I'm also happy that the camera is back before Christmas.