Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Back From Italy

Just got back from Italy, and France with the K5. Took a bunch of great shots. Camera never gave me a single problem! Looked through all my photo's, and can honestly say 90 percent are keepers. Extremely impressed with the 18-135's ability to focus in low light. Did have some issues with reflections from my UV filter though. I'll post some photo's soon. I did get 8 of the 10 pictures accepted on the Pentax Gallery Site. I didn't expect that. If anyone is interested in seeing them look up Tony DeLuca under artists. My guess is they are excepting any decent image now. Can't wait to post some of these images, so I will get busy soon.

12-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome home. Thanks for the info on the performance of the 18-135 and the heads up to look for your photos.

I've read around that its designed to not need a filter for normal use as the front piece of glass is specially treated to repel water while retaining excellent optical characteristics. Just wondering as I just got my 18-135 yesterday.

Tried the Pentax Gallery and it keeps locking up and freezing my computer!?! What's that all about?

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-15-2011 at 03:30 PM.
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't wait to see your photos... I do have the 18-135mm and I think that is a nice compliment to the k-5 (for it's high iso range). I do agree that I find the filter (UV and the likes) are not needed particularly for the WR lenses. I don't use them any more in most cases even for my FA limited lenses.