Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Focus point off center..by this far..any one else?

lol....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 4  Photo 
12-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could your focusing screen have shifted?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could your focusing screen have shifted?
no never touched it...

and, the focus point indicator is just not on the center of the image, so i guess its not the problem with the focusing screen.
12-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That's not really the focus point, just the display. The focus point display is up in the prism housing I think (at least it is on my canons) maybe it got bumped out of place somehow?

12-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by suncrimson Quote
no never touched it...

and, the focus point indicator is just not on the center of the image, so i guess its not the problem with the focusing screen.
Adam said the focusing screen - to me that is what it is, really it's apparent (center focus confirm light is actually still center) -> look at the space between the right trap (]) and the right edge compared to the left trap ([) and the left edge, looks as though the screen moved right, as borno mentioned maybe you bumped the camera somehow...

12-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Adam said the focusing screen - to me that is what it is, really it's apparent (center focus confirm light is actually still center) -> look at the space between the right trap (]) and the right edge compared to the left trap ([) and the left edge, looks as though the screen moved right, as borno mentioned maybe you bumped the camera somehow...

He may not have the camera pointed straight into the viewfinder. It doesn't necessarily mean that the AF indicator is centered, that the screen is mispositioned.
12-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
right, I believe the position of screen is right and the indicator is off.. because I found the indicator is not on the center of the picture.
I know it's just an indicator and does not mean the specific af point is off....but it still is a thing that bother me

12-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why not bring it back and check out another K5?
12-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

The focus screen can be shifted slightly. Try it and see if they can be aligned. The truth is that the screen, red indicators, meter cell and AF sensor are calibrated independently and they aren't necessarily aligned (and many don't).
12-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
Banned

Is that an AF point though, or is that just a pattern projected on the wall like the orange line in the upper left area?
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Is that an AF point though, or is that just a pattern projected on the wall like the orange line in the upper left area?

haha funny

It is the AF point
12-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks to me that the AF point is dead center and your screen has shifted to the right, look at the amount of space on the left of the screen compared to the right!
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Looks to me that the AF point is dead center and your screen has shifted to the right, look at the amount of space on the left of the screen compared to the right!
I didnt point straight into the viewfinder when i took the picture.
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #14
Banned

Maybe it tried to follow focus too hard.

Is this a new camera or an old one? If old, is it still under warranty? You see where I'm going with this...
12-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
it's not a new one, I have been using it for about 3 month and took 8k picture

I can send it to repair center, but i don't want to because I don't know what other things will happen

The focus point issue does not bother me too much so I just keep it there, also I think I won't sell it so ...its ok.