Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ringing in the New Year...

...with a new K-5! Right now, the battery is charging and I'm reading the manual. (no, really haha)
I shot with the K-m for almost three years, and it took some fine photographs. It almost feels treasonous to have traded it in. But, it does not perform very well in low light. Pushing the ISO past 400 started to introduce chroma noise. It took a fine photograph in good light, but at night, no dice.
I'm really looking forward to exploring the capabilities of this camera. It will be a great aid to be able to push the ISO with some of these slower lenses I have.
I also want to thank all of you for the posts you have done, letting me know an awful lot about this camera in advance.

12-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey, the K5 is a great camera! Congrats on your purchase and +1 on manual reading. Very worthwhile. Lots of features in that thing.
12-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Congratulations! I think you will be quite happy with the K5. I've had mine for just about a month now and love it. I had an *ist DL, then a K10D, and a K20D for the past 2 plus years. The K5 is quite a step up, especially in in using higher ISOs. Took me a while to find where all the settings are in the menus but I do like the menu layout better in the K5 than the K20. I've been waiting for months to see the price drop under $1000 for the body. Once it hit that mark I jumped for it. My old K20D has about 82000 activations on it and is still running strong. My daughter is going to use it for a while now to take photos of our grandkids.