Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What's uP with the PPG?

I now have 15 shots up on the Pentax Phito Galery. The last three were all excepted. Something doesn't seem right here. Out of about 28 submissions, 15 have been approved. Out of those 4 are being used on product pages. I thought getting up there was a special thing. I'm getting suspicious about the voting process now. Does anyone know the facts behind this? Not to sound unappreciative, or self serving, but it just seems to easy.

01-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Didn't you make a selection of photos that you send in or did you just select some photos to see if they will get selected?
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I made a selection of photos, but it's odd that many I thought would get in didn't, and those I found to be pretty iffy did get in. Maybe I'm looking to deep into this.
01-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
I made a selection of photos, but it's odd that many I thought would get in didn't, and those I found to be pretty iffy did get in. Maybe I'm looking to deep into this.
I've been submitting since January 2008, have 92 accepted photos and I'm still surprised at times about what gets accepted and what gets rejected. Don't take it too seriously.

01-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm astounded at the poor quality of submissions (and approvals). Also, it drives me a bit batty how some people submit very similar photos (different cropping, orientation etc) and that they often get in. I think multiple versions of the same photo cheapens the photos AND the Gallery. PPG has improved its functionality but is loosing its focus as showcase of outstanding Pentax imagery.
01-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I've read a blog about one of the artist there saying two his portraits got declined. He then re-submitted the exact same photos without modification a week later but in another category and got approved...go figure? I tried to do the same thing recently just for kicks but the photo I submitted got declined twice; and I thought it was better than some of my approved ones.

I'm not a pro by any means and still learning but I've seen submissions that were "surprisingly" approved. I mean, we're talking about an artist armed with a K7 and a Tammy 28-75. The IQ of his approved photos were no better than what my 6-year old can get out of his 3.2 megapixel Olympus P&S. One of his photos appear as if he had a foggy lens and yet they're up there in PPG representing Pentax. One thing that improved significantly with PPG is they're pending time has dropped from roughly two weeks to about three days.
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
One thing that improved significantly with PPG is they're pending time has dropped from roughly two weeks to about three days.
I just got one approved in ONE day. Amazing.

01-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
One thing that improved significantly with PPG is they're pending time has dropped from roughly two weeks to about three days.
Actually it is now about a day.

I had a picture that was declined twice (two different versions). Submitted a third time cropped a little closer and it was approved.
01-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iocchelli Quote
I just got one approved in ONE day. Amazing.
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Actually it is now about a day.
I just got one approved in about 15 hours!
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I submitted one pic and got accepted, and none ever since. A silly site.