Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #1

New Camera

hi all, just got my new Pentax K5 and loving it so far. I am trying to figure out how to use the multi- exposure setting. Do I have to select the EV + - or does it do it automatically? Also, does anybody knows if the shutter activates every time when you use the one "One Push Bracketing"

Thanks and greetings from Alaska !!

Charly

01-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Multiple exposures means more than one shot taken in one frame. That's a menu setting. If you want exposure bracketing, that's accessed from the 4 way controller on the back of the camera. It's the top choice.
01-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as I know... you can use one-push to bracket your shots. But for multiple exposure shots, you have to trip the shutter separately for each shot. Someone please chime in if my assumption is incorrect.

Also for multiple exposure shot, exposure compensation is optional.
01-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #4

I doubt the two answers above really answer your questions.

About the multi-exposure question: I'm not sure, but I guess you need to apply the EV correction manually to get good exposure on the combined image.

The one-push-bracket issue is quite simple: you press the button once, but the camera just takes three pictures. So, the shutter is fired three times, once for every picture.

01-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you use the AutoEV mode of multiple exposure available in the K-5, you can dial in EV comp to your liking and it will be honored in the final image. Likewise for additive multiple exposure mode.

Jack
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #6

Original Poster
New camera

One thing I noticed on a few pics I took using the one push bracketing is a slight movement on the images due to possible shutter vibrations. I noticed this after I blended the images on photoshop. I don't know if this has happened to anybody else?