Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dionisis_K Quote
I tryed it too,and i can confirm it is safe.. But i was very disapponted that there is no level readjustment..
isn't AF adjusted in micrometer? ie. um +/-

01-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
isn't AF adjusted in micrometer? ie. um +/-
For the AF yes.. I wanted an adjustment for the electronic level...
01-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #18
Pentaxian

good thing to know - my MF back required 300 micron shimming that was bad and due to an obvious manufactering error rather than a fine adjustment of the +/-70 micron.
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #19

wanted to confirm that AF fine adjustment seems to work with a K-r. This is great because now k-r owners are not restricted to the +-10 setting from the camera menu anymore.

01-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
On a K-5 the adjustment goes from -120 to +120 micrometers. That is four more steps than in the normal -10 to +10 menu.
What equivalent in µm is standard AF adjustment from -10 to +10 in menu?
01-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I'm not sure about this(at all in fact) but in the past, I read something about the debug adjustment being different from the AF in the sense that its effects are stacked. And so if I understood correctly, the AF micro calibration works off of the debug adjustment position. So if you move the service calibration adjuster, the AF microcalibration will move +/- 2 from that particular point.

Does that make any sense?

In any case, if you need to adjust AF using this system, I'd be extremely careful in monitoring the changes so as to avoid loosing track.
01-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I'd like wanted to update my last comment by saying that I've test out the debug service AF adjustment which does in fact keep a record of the changes(ie. -140µm). However I didn't test if it keeps the record once debug is turned-off and on again.

Having said that, I dialed-in -10 in the microadjust screen and took a shot. Then I dialed in -100µm in the debug screen and the focus changes between both adjustments looked very close(perhaps even identical).

Anyways, I set mine back to 0 and performed a service adjustment of -140 instead as my global adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JohnBee; 01-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.
01-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #23

what about microadjust off?

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I'd like wanted to update my last comment by saying that I've test out the debug service AF adjustment which does in fact keep a record of the changes(ie. -140um). However I didn't test if it keeps the record once debug is turned-off and on again.

Having said that, I dialed-in -10 in the microadjust screen and took a shot. Then I dialed in -100um in the debug screen and the focus changes between both adjustments looked very close(perhaps even identical).

Anyways, I set mine back to 0 and performed a service adjustement of -140 instead as my global adjustment.

Hope this helps.
JohnBee,
where's the focus after your service adjustment to -140 when you turn off micro adjustment in the menu?

Thanks
01-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerusker Quote
JohnBee,
where's the focus after your service adjustment to -140 when you turn off micro adjustment in the menu?

Thanks
The focus is spot on now and my microadjust is now at 0.

Before I made the adjustments, my micro AF adjustment was at -8.
And so, I set it to 0, and made the changes in the service(debug)AF adjustment screen instead. Which essentially works out to be the same thing. Though I think it leaves me with more latitude this way than what I initially had. - And though I don't think it makes any difference on the global adjustment side of things, I do however think it allows for more latitude on the lens calibration side of things(anyone?).

btw. someone mentioned earlier that the max adjustment in service(debug) mode was +/- 120µm. And so I wanted to add that if you dialed-in something like -120µm and then added another -120µm afterward. That the calibration will then -240µm. And so the system compounds all the changes and adjustments made to the system. Having said that, I'm really not sure what(if) the physical limit is with this system. though I did go as high as -240µm when I was playing around with it myself.

I can also confirm that the system keeps a record of all of the changes made from factory AF. This would include turning on or off debug mode or camera. And so the total value(of changes) remain indefinitely in the system. Which is very nice to have. Because I don't this this was the case with the older camera's.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JohnBee; 01-14-2012 at 10:06 AM.
07-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Does entering debug mode void your warranty?
07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Does entering debug mode void your warranty?
No. At least not on the ones I sent back.
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Cheers Lee