Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Will throw a lens in the group that no one mention.
Maybe you should take a look at the Sigma 50-150 f/2.8
It comes close to the DA*50-135 in terms of quality although i like the colours and contrast of the DA* better but the SIgma surely has the quality though and it's faster with his focus.
It also has slightly more range but that number is so small you can forget it.

Like is being said for sports 70-200 might be better but I think the 50-150 will do very good if you can get close.
Also what kind of sport are we talking about?
If it's outdoors a cheaper "budget" zoom will also do quite fine like the Pentax 55-300.

01-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #17

Original Poster
I am persuaded that the 43mm is not wide enough to be my standard lens, based on my picture library. I guess I'll replace the 43mm with the 31mm, since that is the one that I had backed off of to begin with as possibly being too wide.

For the zoom, I had simply hoped to move up a little in quality from the Pentax 18-250 that I have, which is occasionally too slow for me. I had hoped that the DA* line would be a step up. I feel like I use the zoom as a crutch when I'm taking photos and not being sufficiently spontaneous in shooting. Perhaps I'll keep my zoom and simply add a couple of primes to get started.

Thank you all for your help!