Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by everydaylife Quote
I recently acquired a k135mm f2.5 lens and I have discovered that the green hexagon focus confirmation indicator is not accurate and is confirming focus just before sharp focus. Which means catch in focus is useless. Is there an adjustment in the camera body on the K5?

Thanks
The CIF /green indicator is less than ideal in terms of accuracy. And I've found that the faster the lens, the less accurate it becomes btw.

Having said that, you can improve things by calibrating your lenses via the global AF adjustement. This will likely require a focusing chart: PENTAX DSLRs: Front or Back Focusing Problems? Free test (Lens Alignment) charts for Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus.

Hope this helps.

PS. by f/1.8 and larger lenses, all accuracy is gone straight out the window with CIF. I either just use LV w/magnification or a focusing screen to work around it.

01-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After several tests, I began to have more trust in the focusing screen.
04-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #18

There is a kIIs settings to show the red square while in focus with manual lenses?