Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Oo ..never saw the compare button at dpreview before...

Love this compare button they have at the end of their scoring page.
Try it.

The thing compares it to the same class range..

Pentax K-5 Review: 21. Conclusion & Samples: Digital Photography Review

NOW.....try this out, compare it with ALL the cameras reviewed in that range - and you'll see that K52nd BEST in overall score. (83%, as oppose to 7D 84%).
Then, run your mouse on the overall value - and you'll see that K2 is 2nd LOWEST for value.

Then, compare it side by side with a K7..which has the one of the best value.

Ahahaha...err, this is the problem when reviews are done over the years by different people, and are subjective measurement. Or am I the only one seeing something funny here

Anyway. I am still looking for FF. Wont pentax give me one? I'd hate to carry 2 brands because of FF.

01-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote
Anyway. I am still looking for FF. Wont pentax give me one? I'd hate to carry 2 brands because of FF.
Probably not in the near future. But they've got to have something up their sleeves, though...

In any case, with the D4 and 1Dx coming out, there's plenty of full-frame goodness to choose from if you want an upgrade!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote
Love this compare button they have at the end of their scoring page.
Try it.

The thing compares it to the same class range..

Pentax K-5 Review: 21. Conclusion & Samples: Digital Photography Review

NOW.....try this out, compare it with ALL the cameras reviewed in that range - and you'll see that K52nd BEST in overall score. (83%, as oppose to 7D 84%).
Then, run your mouse on the overall value - and you'll see that K2 is 2nd LOWEST for value.

Then, compare it side by side with a K7..which has the one of the best value.

Ahahaha...err, this is the problem when reviews are done over the years by different people, and are subjective measurement. Or am I the only one seeing something funny here

That's one of the problems with such sites for sure. I try to stick with the #s that are a wee bit more objective. Funny, low cost, high ratings, low value?
01-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are right Adam .
I just wish for Pentax's because of the intuitive layout of buttons. I have small hands, and also, i have played around with canon, sony and nikons belonging to others, and I am always amazed at how complicated they are for me to make sense - maybe its just because Pentax is my first system. But I dont watch where the buttons are to do any manipulation with my camera, not so with others.

I may have to though...though from what I hear, maintaining two systems is a headache of its own for the budget conscious