Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #1

The best lens

Hi to everyone!! .. I am of the lucky ones who got K-5 I want to know what lens is more better for my camera.. I mean about Sharpness and Autofocus ..example like Tamron AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR LD Aspherical IF SP or smc PENTAX FA 50mm F1.4 i don't care if is zoom lens or Standard, i want the best in the market independent of the price..The best lenses made ​​from pentax...

01-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Forum Member

Is there a definitive 'TheBest'-lens, i wonder?

EDIT: I know i will buy the DA 35mm Limited Macro when i can afford it, if that helps you in any way
01-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some subjective opinions:
Pentax Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Third-Party Lenses for Pentax - Pentax Lens Review Database

More objective are some websites like Welcome to Photozone!

One problem The best lens might absolutely not fit your needs Maybe a A*1200 will do for you (only around 10000 bucks if you can find one).

And I'm more than happy with my FA31Ltd and DFA100WR as well as some M42 Takumars and Pentax M50/1.7 and M120/2.8

Last edited by sterretje; 01-18-2012 at 06:54 AM.
01-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

My "best lens" that is easily obtainable at the moment is the 31mm LTD.

01-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
why did you create another thread ? the previous one is still online there : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/172100-best-lens.html

Such question is a bit strange ! If you want a decent answer, you must tell us at least what you want to shoot (birds ? people ? architecture ? day to day life ?), or we could tell you a big bunch of lenses that are exceptional, but what's the use to have a 300mm if you want to shoots architecture ?

To get an answer, answer to this :

range ?
prime or zoom ?
want do you want to shoot ?
is wide aperture necessary ?
is light weight required ?
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nikolas2012 Quote
i don't care if is zoom lens or Standard, i want the best in the market independent of the price.
Best for what?
01-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There is no such thing as "best lens". Lenses are just tools to help you make a photograph. As such, the subject matter and the situation will dictate what lens is appropriate for that.Every lens has a personality (or character) and no two lenses will produce the same results. At the end it is a matter of preference. You, the photographer, have to decide how your photograph should look like and then pick the lens that will help you get that look.

And remember that best is the worse enemy of good