Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
For the most part, fixing this image is not that difficult. The difficulty is with the parts of the image that are completely blown, like on the girls knees, foreheads and cheeks. If you look at most of the attempts above, you'll see the knees are either white or grey, not the best look.

Its possible that the original JPG has more detail.

01-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll add an attempt, skin colored sky go!
Fill with eyedropper color, use darken blending and opacity.
Attached Images

01-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
I thought it wasn't too bad to start with. Are you looking for something like this?
01-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #34

Just to add, were you shooting with the subject's facing the sun? Shoot the other way round to avoid squinting eye's etc.

01-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a super example of a helpful forum community!
01-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I appreciate all you guys efforts. Thanks!
01-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Not that this a problem with your group picture as far as I can see but I thought you might be interested for future such sessions.

Here is a trick I use when photographing groups. When you take photos of a group like this there will be always someone you catch with their eyes closed, or half closed. (Sun position plays a role of course). But you can avoid this so none in the group will have their shutters down. So what's the trick ?

Tell people to close their eyes and keep them shut and instruct them to "open eyes" immediately at the count of "three"! So you go: ONE, TWO, TREE - CLICK !
Works every time - no more closed eyes, even if you use a flash.

Greetings

01-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

Not that this a problem with your group picture as far as I can see but I thought you might be interested for future such sessions.

Here is a trick I use when photographing groups. When you take photos of a group like this there will be always someone you catch with their eyes closed, or half closed. (Sun position plays a role of course). But you can avoid this so none in the group will have their shutters down. So what's the trick ?

Tell people to close their eyes and keep them shut and instruct them to "open eyes" immediately at the count of "three"! So you go: ONE, TWO, TREE - CLICK !
Works every time - no more closed eyes, even if you use a flash.

Greetings
ha ha - I was going to say exactly the same thing. It really does work every time !
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!